Tuesday, December 9

just keep swimming

Sorry about that. Exams are coming up, and life has been downright busy.
The snow keeps piling up and the temperature keeps going down.
Classes are ending, exams are beginning.
I cannot believe that this first semester is practically done. Crazy!
With the end of the semester comes Christmas break… which means I am headed back to japan in less than two weeks to see my brother get married.
It’s a long flight… I know. So if you have any movie recommendations or book recommendations for the flight, PLEASE… do tell. Otherwise, I am just bringing a couple of seasons of shows with me… and am going to watch all of them. I feel like this trip will be a lot different than my first trip out there. Yes, my brother getting married will be quite the difference from last time, but I feel like I’ll be looking through a different set of lenses than when I did my sophomore year of high school.
I hope that the break brings some relaxation… it’s going to be go-go-go in Japan… it’s just the culture out there (and, in my opinion, in most places in this country). Then after a few days back in the states upon our return from Japan, I am off to my Interim trip. The trip includes 5 days of climbing in Joshua Tree National Park, 10 days doing a Wilderness First Responder curse in Flagstaff, then 6 days backpacking in the Grand Canyon. This is an outdoor educator interim trip through Calvin… so instead of being in Michigan for the month of January, I will be climbing and hiking around the deserts of the country.
After that, it is back to Calvin and the start of second semester… which holds spring break! And hopefully this year we’ll be in California for spring break. Since when do I get excited about going to California? Since I get to bring my friends with me and show them my home. Keep your fingers crossed for good airfares.
Speaking of cheap airfares…
There was a roundtrip flight from Detroit to LAX for $18. Yes, eighteen. Unfortunately the fare was only good through January… but $18??? I just don’t get it… that’s insanity.

Boy. I am tired.
I saw this quote on someone’s site. I liked it… a good reminder to keep going through life with a raised chin and hoping heart.

Someday everything will all make perfect sense. so for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm your roomie for a reason.
oh yeah. because we're both super cool.

Anonymous said...

and movie suggestion:
watch this movie over and over again...
HOUSE BUNNY!
cinderella...said in my creepy man voice.