Wednesday, February 20

am pm

"my alarm didn't go off."
that is officially the story of my life.
lets see...
okay, so i have a 8am class every morning. my alarm is always set for 7am (i like long morning wake-up time) and usually press snooze once, waking up before the alarm goes off a second time.
yesterday morning, i woke up around 6:45 am, saw how early it was, and went back to sleep thinking, i'll wake up in 15 minutes when my alarm goes off.
i awoke again. however, not at the time i thought i'd be waking up at... i woke up at 9:15 am. oh shoot...i slept through my entire bio class. turns out my alarm didn't go off. since there was nothing i could do, i quickly jumped in the shower and was out of the shower by 9:30am. i get out of the bathroom and woke up my roomie... turns out, she had a 9:00am class. not only did my alarm not go off, but hers didn't either. we both slept through our morning classes. whoops.
today, as usual, i came back from bio at 8:50am and lay down on the futon for a nap until my 10:30am class. my roomie didn't have class til 10:30am as well. so there we both were, on the futon, napping before out 10:30. she even set her phone so that we would wake up. so, we nap.
i wake up. i look at the clock. 10:21. moments later, roomie wakes up, realizes it's 10:21. we both freak out and bolt out the door. i made it to my class at 10:30 on the dot. close call. turns out, her alarm was set to pm, not am. whoops.
after these two incidents, we have taken extra measures to assure that these types of things shan't happen again... hopefully.

hope y'all are having a wonderful day.
hooroo

2 comments:

Piperxmeow said...

hehehe. oh, your story rings so true. happens to me all the time!

okay, not all the time.
but it used to happen, mostly i'd just forget to set my alarm and then wake up in a panic halfway through my first class! :)

how are YOU?! :)
wanna chat on the phone sometime this week?

Jillian said...

hahahaha. I hate it when that happens. Now I'm completely paranoid about setting my alarms. :o