Sunday, February 17

hay

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I went for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

well, i wasn't really california dreaming today, but i heard the song on the radio and thought i'd put up the lyrics for a little fun.
actually, today was quite warm and rainy... super rainy... rain boot-rainy (i just got some fun rainboots for valentine's day from my parents... i'll have to put a picture of them up sometime). anyway, i was going to join my roomie this morning and go to church, but as we stepped outside, we realized it probably wasn't going to be possible... not wearing rainboots, we slipped and slided all the way to and through the parking lot. seriously, the ground was a slab of ice with puddles all over it. i was practically ice skating. we got to her car (keep in mind it's pouring), and since i was wearing regular shoes (which were already soaked), i was just going to wait for her to pull out. except, pulling out didn't happen. so i was standing in a puddle trying to help her push the car out. after all this ordeal, i was soaked up to my knees, the car got out, and then we decided not to go to church. so we just grabbed a closer parking spot, went back to the dorm, and dried off. then i typed my history paper in a half hour. suh-weet.

we also fixed our futon today... it's kind of amazing. i also splashed through puddles in my rainboots. good times.

ciao

1 comment:

Jillian said...

hahaha those to sound like fun times. Awesomely awesome times. :)