Monday, May 12

some humor for you

you know how sometimes you've just gotta laugh at yourself... or even at the situtions you find yourself in? this week had a more than usual amount of those, so here are a few stories for you... hopefully you'll at lest get a chuckle out of them.
first one... my personal favorite.
packing is crazy... my roomie and i have been worried about fitting everything in our two cars, and so we have just been packing like crazy and have been figuring out what stuff we are going to store here. lets just say large tupperware has been seen a lot in this room, and we've even managed to pack some of it up in my car already on saturday. you see, on saturday, i had to run to meijer to get all the pasta stuff for sunday night. so as i left, i asked my roomie if she needed to get anything... a large tupperware for bedding and sunchips were her request. as i walked away, i repeated the items multiple times in my head so that i would not forget.
so i go to meijer... i do my shopping... even grab a few things that'll help make studying a little more bearable.
i get back and park in short term parking in front of the dorm so that we can load up the car a bit. i proudly showed off what my shopping produced... her large tupperware and chips... and i also got water and a real simple magazine and a movie... these things are highly valued in our room. so we were all excited. we take the stuff up, make a few trips of carrying stuff to my car, and then i leave to go park my car in the regular parking.
so i get back to our room, and we're just hanging out for a bit. i got up to go in the bathroom and wash my face when i hear from my roomie, "hey roomie... quick question." i looked at her and was like, "ya?" what i heard next made me realize that i am officially the ultimate forgetter...
she asks, "so, where's all the pasta stuff?"
the pasta stuff... the very things i went to the store for in the first place... the things that brought me to meijer.... the very things that, without them, i wouldn't have been able to pick up some extra stuff. instead of forgetting the couple of things i needed to grab for my roomie, i forgot the sole reason for going to meijer.
incredible.
i couldn't get over it. i am SO horrible at remembering things... so bad. and the fact that i didn't even realize it, and that my roomie had to point it out to me. i must say, it was quite hilarious.
second story:
so sunday, i had to go back to meijer to get the pasta stuff (for real this time). what happened in that hour i was gone would have to be the strangest hour of my life. i am going to sum up the minor things: no fresh basil, a can of tomato sauce fell on my head, it was raining outside, got in line without the noodles but then quickly remembered... strange things. but, then, on my way back home, i was sitting at a red light, just waiting there. it was raining, so i had my wind shield wipers going. i'm just sitting there, at a red light, watching my windshield wipers go back and forth... and then a dead bird falls from the sky and lands on my windshield, and gets caught in my windshield wipers. a dead bird... on my windshield... going back and forth, back and forth.
what the heck? i know, that's what i thought!
so i turned off my wipers, and accelerated fast, thankfully causing the dead bird to roll of my car. it was a little fellow, but still... what the heck?
so there are two stories. strange ones, but still, quite the entertainment.
tootles

2 comments:

Allensville said...

I love the dead bird. I'm sitting here laughing (totally out loud) with tears rolllllling down, trying not to wake the two nappers in the next room. Dude, that's the best. Totally random, sadistic, morbid, and hilarious all rolled into one. I love it!

Jillian said...

Hahahahaha a dead bird fell on your car!!!!!! What are the odds?!!!