Friday, June 2

with corn between my teeth...

well, i had the house to myself and nothing to do... not only was i extremely bored, but i was also extremely hungry. i decided that i wasn't going to go out to some fast food place and i wasn't going to be lazy and have a bowl of cheerios... so i hopped in my car and drove to pavillions with a few things on my mind... chicken, carrots, and corn. i had no idea how in the world i was going to cook it all, but that is what i walked out of the store with: some filet chicken breasts, corn (with the husk still on), and carrots. i have to admit, i was grinning when i got out of the store because 1. i had no idea what i was going to do, and 2. because i knew that i was going to eat whatever came out of my experiment because i was so stinking hungry...

well, a pot of boiling water and a pan filled with a little of 'this' and 'that' later, i produced this:
grilled carrots and chicken with corn on the cob. I can't quite remember all that i did, but i do know that it was delicious. about 15 minutes later, i had a satisfied stomach and my cooking-confidence shot up a few points.
now, why did i take pictures of this, and why did i tell this story? don't ask me, i'm just a little weird, and with time on my hands, i am bound to do something like this :)

gotta go to sleep... tennis tournament tomorrow!!!

hooroo

No comments: