Monday, April 14

gather round for storytime with stina

this weekend, i had quite a few errands to run in quite the little amount of time. one of them required me to go to the bank down the street. so i walked in to the bank, and it was empty, save for a couple of ladies behind the counter (i'm assuming the bank tellers) having a pleasant conversation. so i walked up and told the lady i needed to make a deposit. she was very nice, and with a smile she began to fill out a slip. i just stood there, looked around, and did my best to look normal.

side note*** do you ever have it where, when you go to the bank, you feel like you have to work at not looking suspicious??? i always do. i walk in, and i'm like, okay: hands out of pockets, don't look around too much like you're scouting the place and assessing the situation, don't fidget, don't bring in a big purse...don't wear a ski mask... you know? i just feel like i am being watched super closely, making me feel like i look suspicious.
anyway.

so she was working on the form, and i tried to look un-suspicious... when all of the sudden, my bank teller began to scream... she screamed and proceeded to run away from the counter. my first thought? we are so being robbed right now. so i looked around, but to to my surprise, no masked gunman with a big sack for money was there--just the other bank teller, also looking confused, and me. i was confused, until the screaming bank teller formed a word amidst her screaming... one that made complete sense to me... "SPIDER!"
i heard the word spider and i--who was at that very moment leaning on the counter casually and not looking suspicious--too began to scream and run away from the counter. the confused bank teller laughed at the screaming bank teller and promptly walked over to the counter to smash the spider. the screaming bank teller apologized and i was quick to forgive her, explaining that i too was very afraid of spiders. she then began to discuss the nature and apparently large size of the spider, to which i sadly had to confess that i didn't even see the spider. yes, i freaked out without even seeing the spider. so we laughed and went on with the business at hand, and then i was on my way.

oh how much i would pay to have copies of the surveillance tapes capturing that whole scene.

2 comments:

Chrissy Padilla said...

I totally get the whole not looking suspicious thing in a bank. I sometimes feel like that in a store when I have to get something out of my purse.

Mark and His Girls said...

That is hilarious! You and all your "spider run-ins"! :)