Wednesday, November 12

days like this

wake up, shower, head to class.
take notes, space out, next class.
take notes, doodle, back to the dorms.
pretty much a typical day for me.
but i particularly loved today because i got to wear mittens and a scarf. i even got to put my hood up on the way back from class... kind of like how convertible drivers love when the day is nice enough to put the roof down, i love days that are perfect for putting my hood up.
things like that put grins on my face.

...

for the most part, the floor disease has passed. however, we are kind of unsure about how true that is. a few girls have been getting sick again after being well for a day... and after being sick for a few days, last night i finally started feeling better. i am doing my best to ignore the fact that whatever this is may be sneaking up on me again.

...

other exciting news: i made a craigslist purchase the other day... a sweet old schwinn twinn tandem bike. this thing is pretty awesome. i used my newfound negotiation skills to talk him down to a very good price, and i just have to clean this puppy up a bit before it is ready for a ride.
that, and i need a semi-clear day where it isn't rainy.
i know, i couldn't have gotten this at a worse time. but hey, come springtime, this is going to be a blast.

...

this is fun:
these guys on our brother floor started a wednesday night tradition back at the beginning of school. We have a VanderWerp Community Tea Time. Everyone brings a mug and gathers in their room.
Their room: tea-esque music, soft lighting, and a shelf full of a multitude of teas... way more variety than you see at starbucks. it's very similar to the choices we see in the dining halls... but maybe that's because most of the boxes came from the dining halls... but we won't mention that to anyone now, will we? There is usually some delightful conversation as well.
I arrived a bit late today, but I had a great time. It's a perfect time for a study break (8pm on wednesdays). It always surprises me to see how many turn up to steep some tea and chit chat. I'll have to give a little detailed story about it soon, cause some interesting things do come up.

...

i must be off to practice my speech. in my oral rhetoric class tomorrow i am giving an informative speech on unicycles.
fun stuff!

1 comment:

Mark and His Girls said...

Now THAT sounds like a good time...tea time. :) I love it! Did you know that it has been researched (don't know by whom) that people who hold hot drinks in their hands (like really "cupping" the cup) are proven to be "warmer" individuals? Not sure if I truly believe it, but it sure sounds good! Sure wish I could be a fly on the wall during one of your tea times. :)