Tuesday, July 22

how it's supposed to be





So here is an abundance of pictures from the bestest weekend of the summer. I flew in to ohio on Thursday, and we spent Friday and Saturday night in Grand Rap. On Saturday, a group of us headed out to this place called Michigan’s Adventure… pretty much one of the coolest places ever.
You have to understand that it has been a long while since I’ve been to a theme park with hard core coasters… I think knott’s berry farm my freshman year of highschool would be the last time. And you also have to understand that until this past weekend, I believed that I hated roller coasters… absolutely hated them.
Well, turns out things have changed, and I was wrong… cause the first thing we did when we arrived to michigan’s adventure was make our way to Thunderhawk… the new coaster in which your feet dangled and in which you experienced all sorts of twists, turns, flips, and drops… and I LOVED it. It pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day, because we ended up doing other sweet roller coasters… like the two wooden ones, Shivering Timbers and Wildcat.
The cool thing about Michigan’s Adventure is that it is also a water park… so we did a bunch of water slides and what-not as well… and the lazy river (I love the lazy rivers).
It was a blast… the whole weekend was just so great… it was awesome getting to see and hang out with everyone… I’ve missed it quite a bit. When I got to Ohio, I was reminded of the amazing fireflies (which, I caught my first one with the help of my roomie’s siblings…), of the warmth (and humidity), of the sweet thunderstorms at night (there was a sweet one driving back to Grand Rap from the theme park), and of the fact that being out there just felt so at home for me. While at my roomie’s house, we had a little fun with the waterproof camera in her pool… I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.
We even stopped by calvin while in grand rap to check the progress with the construction on the fieldhouse… and to our pleasant surprise, we found that NVW was having major renovations… the four of us (sarah, Carolyn, Lindsey, and me) are all third noorderwierians, and so when we saw that our basement was being re-done (complete with a solarium that connects the two sides of the basement), the lobby was being re-done (complete with a fireplace), and the entrance was being re-done (complete with fanch shmancy brickwork), we were super stoked.
To be honest, It was really hard to leave there and come back to Colorado. I’ve got 41 days til I go back there (yes, I am counting down, no matter how lame that is) and it seems entirely too long.
So, here are a TON of pics from this weekend… there are a ton more, so if you would like to see the complete collection, go to the following links…
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50162&l=2247a&id=542566513
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50163&l=dd4ae&id=542566513
that’s it for now… but stay tuned for a post entitled “pink” and for a post about fireflies… I’m kind of excited for them.




























(PS. those are fireflies... one of which i caught!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you slacker, we used to get one everyday! now we are lucky if you post one once a week!