Saturday, October 14

a blast from the past for frankenstien!

i will explain further... first frankenstien, then the blast.

i had a tennis lesson today in manhattan beach (where the weather was BEAUTIFUL) and it went very well. the fox trot has officially become a part of my game, and i'm not even going to say how, because it'll ruin how funny that sentence sounds and seems. anyway, i was working on playing out the point with me serving. however, it was quite hilarious to see the coach that gave me the monster serve i have (pun totally intended, you'll see why) struggle to return it. i was laughing because all i could think of was frankenstien whenever i aced him... steve (my coach) had created a serving monster (see the pun now?) that was alive and taking over :) i don't know if that makes any sense to you guys, but it does to me... and it makes me laugh.

now for the blast. after my lesson, i went to downtown manhattan beach and walked around a bit, checking out some of the new stores and what-not. i went into this store called papyrus and got in line to buy a card. i looked up and saw the cashier lady, immediately recognizing her. i wasn't sure if she'd recognize me (again, you'll see why) and when i walked up to the cashier, she immediately said, "you look familiar..." knowing exactly who she was, i quickly told her where from... she was one of the counselors at camp mattel (a summer day camp that i went to from age 6-12). I hadn't seen her in over 6 years (she didn't work there my last two years). it was crazy, and she totally remembered me. we talked for a little bit, and she asked me where i was planning to go to college cause she knew i was a senior now. this is where it gets crazy... i told her i'd be going to college out in michigan, and then she said that she was going to be moving to michigan soon. curious, i asked what part of michigan... she tells me, "grand rapids!" (that's where calvin is for any of you who don't know). isn't that crazy!?!?! so we talked a bit more, and got to the topic of my old best friend jason that i knew from camp mattel. now, we were best friends for the longest time, maybe about 7 years and he's a grade above me. i haven't seen or talked to him since 6th grade cause he doesn't live around here. after leaving papyrus and getting into my car, i realized that i still had his phone number memorized. i decided to try giving him a call even though i wasn't sure he'd be home because he's in college now. i called and it turns out, he is still living at home while going to a local college... he remembered me instantly and we talked for about ten minutes. we've definitely taken diferent routes in life, but it was so crazy and awesome to be talking to him again! we decided that we would meet up sometime in the next few weeks while i am in manhattan beach so we could catch up from the past 5 years! crazy! total blast from the past!

well, that's it for the day... i need to go work on my photography project now!

HOOROO :)

(look below for a continuation of this post and some pics that just might make you laugh)

No comments: