Friday, October 27

so much time, so little to do... wait, strike that, reverse it.

what a day!

what a week!
we had our final league match today at home... now, i don't mean to get all gushy and stuff, but i have to say a few things about my first "last time" as a senior moment. introductions... man, it was tough. when i stepped out when my name was called and then ran down the line for high-5s, i couldn't help but wonder if it would be the last time (cif wasn't a for-sure). i'll get to the sets in a sec, but for now, a jump forward. i played my last set on the far left court today. i hadn't played a set for a match on that court ever before in all my three years of playing, and i got to finish there... it was kind of neat :) so ya, it was a bit emotional and all, but i didn't really tap into those emotions... i figure to save them for the last last set or match :)
so, now about the actual tennis stuff. i won my first set, but after playing my second set, it felt like i had played my first set yesterday. here's why...
i was down in the set 4-5 and she was serving 40-15 when she had 2 set points. now, my first thought was, i've never come back from set point down... i know, i know, those are bad negative thoughts, but i quickly changed them and decided to fight back (with encouragement and little thing called golden spoon dangling in front of my nose :) long story made a little shorter, after many many deuces and other faced set points, i finally got through the game, but lost my next service game, going down 5-6. again, i faced more set points, and i was wondering what i was still doing on the court. i made my way to a tie-breaker, which again, i faced more set points. i finally got a set point, but missed the opportunity. on my second set point, i finally converted and won the set (the tie breaker was 10-8). honestly, the amount of set points this gal had had to have gone well in to the double digits. i was so stinkin tired after that set, and i know i'll be feeling it in the morning.
i was reminded today of the awesomeness of icy hot. it works well, and smells good :) just thought i would add that in
well, it's late, and i have still got more to do, so i will end with a funny picture from today. it's not an action shot or anything, but my dad took this, and although it's embarassing, i couldn't pass up the chance to make someone laugh... so here ya go!
i don't really remember what i was doing, but i think it is likely that a yawn was involved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH

you succeeded in making me laugh =)