Monday, May 21

(no) time to recharge

the status of the electronics in my life can pretty much sum of the status of me...

like i mentioned earlier, my watch... it's had a dead battery for three weeks. my cell phone... it's been dead for two days now... i don't feel like recharging it. my photo camera... went to take a pic of my dog's new haircut... dead (the battery, not my dog). video camera... i need to get my grad announcement done, but i haven't gotten a full charge on that yet, so i can only filmed while its plugged in. my laptop... well, i ran that thing til it was dead, and seeing as how it's kind of essential to get work done, i've got it plugged in to a wall and it's been charging.

and that's what i realize i really need... a wall someplace to go plug in to... and a few hours to just stay there and not do anything else but charge.

here's the catch that kind of scares me and drains my battery even more... usually when i am in this situation, i can go to a wall (usually manhattan beach or even just time to just chill with amigos) and just recharge... i'll usually decide the weekend ahead, that way i have something to look forward to. however, i am looking ahead, any night, any day, weekday or weekend... there's nothing... and i even have a few days off coming up, but i have a ton to get done.

don't get me wrong, these days off are huge blessings, and i will be doing some fun stuff, but like we talked about in house church today, i just need some time to "be", and not "do". time to recharge...

it's hard to recharge when you know that you've got like 10 things to do and remember in the next 24 hours...

y'all ready for a cheesy Christian joke that deals with recharging?
who needs AC adapters... it's all about the JC adapter...
haha, get it... i guess you need to know what an AC adapter is... if you don't, it kind of kills the joke.

hmmm

well, my dad's camera's battery isn't dead, so we took some pics of what i did today with tippy's hair... i am not quite done yet... i am trying to define his mane a bit more, but this is it for now. you can't really tell in the picture, but in person, he looks stinkiing hilarious!


1 comment:

danielle said...

tippy's new do looks cool on him, but i'm never letting you cut my hair! ha ha! :)
so, worn out huh?
"ZZZZZUUUUUMMMMM" that was me sending you power waves to charge yourself! ya, but i know what you mean...i'm running on 4 hrs of sleep (bet you couldn't tell huh?).
my advice: go play with your cat toys. you should get some with cap nip it them...that stuff always seems to charge cats up! ha ha! :)