Wednesday, May 2

a penny per flavor





yes, a half clay-half grass court!!!! pretty stinking awesome!!!! so federer (in all white on the grass side) is the king of grass and #1 in the world... and nadal (with a little blue on) is the king of clay and #2 in the world. nadal has been undefeated on clay for the past two and a half years, totaling 72 strait matches won so far, and he is still adding to that now. plus this is the biggest rivalry (with nadal winning more than fed) so they decided to have this exhibition on this specially made court jus for the event. they switched sides and everything on chageovers, and they even had to change shoes on changeovers since clay shoes and grass shoes are different. i wish it were televised!!!! anyway, ya, way cool


what fun it is... i have never stood in line for an extended period of time to buy ice cream before.
in fact, i honestly can't remember the last time i had ice cream... it has to have been over a year.
but it was fun cause i went with a bunch of friends and it was only 31 cents for a scoop.
so that was the story for today...most of it :) but it ends here.

----
have you ever heard a sound, or smelled a smell that triggers a memory and momentarily puts you in that time and place?
today, the sound of my flip-flops clapping my heel, although something constantly in the background of my everyday travels, caught my ears. i was no longer walking to 7th period spanish but instead i was instantly back in palm desert, towel in hand and on my way to the pool. sun shining, absolute silence save the sprinklers in the distance making their rounds as if they could make the vast green grass any greener. absolute silence, except for a few birds chirping and chasing from tree to tree. absolute silence only broken by the sound of my flip-flops clapping my heel as i walked on towards the pool... the clapping half natural, half intentional... i remember loving the sound so i would clap them louder on purpose.
and a second later i was back on my was to spanish. i tried to clap my flip-flops louder again to bring me back to the moment... i wanted to go back to that so bad... it's such a peaceful memory. and it's old palm desert, before my grampa moved to a different house in palm desert, so that makes it even cooler.
it happens to me a lot... memory triggers. however, for me its most often by smell. i will have to tell you of my memory trigger everytime i smell sunscreen (coincidentally it is also dealing with palm desert). but it is so crazy though, because i have absolutely no control over the flash backs... and they are so real, and the trigger is so strong... but i find it totally cool! maybe you guys don't have these so you can't quite relate to how crazy cool these are.
----

i am so stupid... at the beginning of this post, i saw a big black spider up above one of my rackets that are hanging on the wall. wanting to keep the writing juices flowing, i decided to wait till after this post was over to scream like a scardy cat and call for my father.
i am so stupid.
i looked up... spider is gone. spider is somewhere in this room because i procrastinated. i better not get bit tonight... i am not really in the mood to deal with spider bites right now.
i'm impressed by the spider's capability to move without me seeing it... i have this crazy spider radar, where i can point out a spider from across the house, no matter how small... and if it moves any one of its 8 nasty feet, i see it.
this one is rather sneaky sneaky... which scares me even more.

oy ve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome flashbacks. Great times... Life is good!DAD

Jillian said...

Cool court!!!! That would be cool. And I hope you find that spider soon. Maybe its the HUGE one you took pictures of out your window...

shizdog said...

I updated, as you requested.


Immune.