Wednesday, February 7

so i just got back from hanging with my bf tonight. it was a ton of fun. oh, and do i need to clarify? i say "bf" as in baby friend... psh, i know what y'all were thinking, "ooo stina, who's the boy?!" haha, please!
his name is Micah, and he's a bit over a year old. lets just say the night was filled with books, elmo, spaghetti-Os (immediately followed by a bath :) and running around in circles. thankfully, the night did not consist of any crying! micah is a total chill baby.
speaking of babies, i can now chalk it up to 5 friends from house church/bible study that are pregnant... five! holy guacamole! haha
interesting post, this is, i must say.

i shall end my words here for tonight :)

oh! actually i lied... it doesn't end there...
i forgot to tell a story from last night when i went out to dinner at 2nd street (open sesame). when my parents went to go park the car while i put our name in and waited. i was standing next to the big rocky mountain chocolate factory bear, and as i glanced down the sidewalk, there was this guy, maybe 35 years old, could be 40, but anyway, wearing tighter jeans, cownoy boots, and had one of those mustaches that go down the chin like a go-tee, but it's just a mustache. anywho, he was walking (and smoking, may i add) and i saw that he was going to walk right past me.
before i go further, i need to explain a little something about me... when i pass people anywhere in public (grocery store, school, sidewalk, anywhere) i don't like to act as if they don't exist, so i usually make eye contact and smile... but, it's not a creepy zoloft smile bearing all teeth for the world to see. it's one of those small smiles... you know, tight-lipped discrete smile with a slight downward-nod so that it's not weird for either person... it's just a polite way to motion "hi there".
okay, so when i saw this guy 35+ guy coming towards my direction, i made the decision to avoid eye contact so i wouldn't have to smile. i looked down, but as i heard the boots approaching, i just looked up for a slight moment, and when i did, eye contact... shoot! automatically i did my polite smile, but this guy... this guy did not give me the small tight-lipped smile... oohhh no. he delivered a toothy grin with an upward-nod, topped off with the grossest looking wink i've ever recieved!! GROSS!!!! he winked at me!!! my polite smile diminished as he and his loud boots and trail of cigarette smoke went past me. it turned in to an open-mouthed appalled look as i muttered to myself, "gross, gross, gross." keep in mind my parents were still parking the car. i turned to the rock mountain chocolate factory bear: "did you see that?!?!" the bear just stared at me. i would have much rather recieved the look the bear gave me from smoking cowboy than that gross look that screams "hey there little lady" all over it!
so ends my story of a gross man winking at me.

gross

2 comments:

danielle said...

yeah right! your just using this as a cover up story huh? you know you were really hanging out with you boy freind! ha ha just kidding.
wow! books, elmo and spaghetti-Os huh? that sounds familiar.
on another note...we seriously need to hang out and get goldenspoon or something! i miss you! lets talk and pick a day!
see ya later! :)

Piperxmeow said...

GROSS!!!
today i was taking pictures at the park and as i was leaving, i had a similar adventure. a group of 3 guys (they looked about in their 20s) were on a pathway up the hill from me sitting on one of those all-weather park tables, and i could just feel their eyes boring into my soul. one of them shouted "hi there. you can come hang out with US if you want..." and waved, and i just looked forward and kept walking...fast. as i walked away he said "well, fine." as if i offended him! as if i was doing something SO incredibly mean as he eyed me like a dog eyes a steak. emphasis on dog, not emphasis on steak.

gross gross gross. i said a prayer as i left the park asking God to protect me from them following me...hahaha