Tuesday, February 20

time.. still goes by when your watch is held together by a band-aid

Tuesday hit me like a fish in the face. (for those who forget exactly what that is like: it hurts, and boy does it stink)
i was sleeping rather happily, enjoying the rem cycle, and then, at 5:30 am, my alarm went off.
now, this morning alarm was a bit different. when the alarm went off, it was as if there was some person screaming "welcome back to the real world!!!!!!!!!!!" amidst all my business and food-coma-fun of the nice long weekend, i managed to steer my mind completely clear of any thoughts of school and things on my to-do list. so, again, when my alarm went off, it wasn't just, "wake up and go to praise practice." it was, "wake up, go to praise practice, but don't forget to do this before you leave, oh and that, and after practice and once school starts, remember this, and do that, and this, and this, and this, and this, and make sure to do this and that!!!" i started to write some reminders on my hand, but then quickly ran out of space.
so i managed to forget my books in my car (which included homework due for the day). i also had three places to be at once during lunch, and somehow managed to get to all three.
it was just a stinkin long day, and it's unfortunately the forecast for my week.
however, i've finally managed to take a deep breath, and close my eyes for a few minutes.
i have this thing where i keep thinking ahead and stressing about my tomorrows, and i think i have come up with a fairly good analogy of what happens when we look too far ahead to fast.
have you guys ever been walking (or even running) while staring at something in the distance when BAM! you completely run in to a fire hyrdrant and totally eat it? (of course i am totally not speaking from a personal experience... i ran into a pole, not a fire hydrant) i think that is what stressing about tomorrow is like... kinda sorta... hmm, i think i need to work on that one.
anywho!!!
i best be off... things to do!

watch out for fire hydrants!

Sentence to Ponder:
--YESDTERDAY USED TO BE TOMORROW--
time goes by, dude

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i'd shower for a long time after getting hit by a fish in the face...

Sarah said...

I totally know what you mean about stressing about future stuff. I've done it time and time again. I hope your week isn't too stressful.

Jillian said...

Not the fire hydrant!!!
I don't know if you worry about math or not, but this is pretty interesting.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070219/od_nm/math_anxiety_dc