Saturday, February 24

when will my reflection show, who i really am?

so that's a song from mulan, in case you didn't know.
"rule #1: cow does not talk..."
and so the cow adventure began!
"ready to suit up?"
ohhh yaaaa... born ready!
most hilarious thing ever... they put the head on, then the suit with the red t-shirt, then the paws and shoes.
have you ever seen your reflection when it wasn't you?
i turned around and looked at my reflection in the window and laughed out loud... it was crazy that that HUGE cow i saw in the window was me... that was me... it was hilarious.
anyway, my first shift (each is half hour) they put me in the back of a pick-up and dorve me down to the corner of south and gridley... only the busiest corner around there... and my new friend who was holding an arrow sign and i crossed the street... and so it began.
i had no trouble getting in to a groove, and i felt like i was born to do this. so many honks, so many little kids with their faces pressed on the car windows or sticking their hands out the window to wave, so many "hi cow!!!"s... oh, did i mention that there was a group of about 10 guys skateboarding on that corner... i had fun with them. it was so much fun!
so after that, me and my friend went back and switched where i was now holding the sign and she was in the suit... this time we were across the street from the resturaunt. i was stinkin cold, and actually was holding the wrong sign that said "now open" even though the resturaunt was not. some friends of mine showed up to see me in action, which would be my second shift.
second shift i got a different suit (did i mention there were 3 cows total?) one with a big sign on it that said "eat mor chiken." i do not prefer this suit because compared to the red t-shirt one, mobility is limited, especially with the legs. this time i was located right by the drive thru entrance in the parking lot trying to get people to turn in and get some free chiken.
this shift was SUPER fun... my friends that came took a pic with me, and i have to say, it was hard to not laugh out loud. then after that, it was pure dance! i started tapping in to my ultra cool dance moves that i've been practicing ( i'll get to those in a sec). this shift included a little girl who was so excited to see me...
"hi cow!!! hi cow!!!" she walked by with her mom and got some chiken... then on her way back to the car... "bye cow!!! i like you cow!!! bye cow!!!" after she was a little ways away, me and my friend began to laugh at the cuteness... then the girl turned around with a smile, and looked up at her mom and began to jump... "the cow said my name!!!! the cow said my name!!!"
i didn't say anything, but appaerantly she thinks so, and i think it made her day, so all is good.
after that, another sign shift, and then i got the honor of the final cow shift, back in the red tshirt cow!!! again in the parking lot.
i pulled out all the moves on this one, and i like to think that my dancing encouraged people to come get some chiken (my dancing, and, well, the sign that said "free" on it).
i had three more people come take pictures with me, more little kids saying "hi cow!", and a group of girls sing "old mcdonald" while i break danced.
so, what type of dancing skills did i use...
here's a brief list: line dancing, thriller, break dancing, disco, the running in place one, moonwalk, the chicken dance, interpretive, ballet, macarena, can-can... you think of it, i probaly did (or at least attempted it).
so at 9pm the chiken was gone, and my final shift was done. i clocked out and went home.
i have to say that that was one of the funnest things i have ever done... i cannot wait to do it again!!!
but i am tired... very tired!
so i must go now..
training tomorrow morning!

ciao ciao cow cow

2 comments:

Piperxmeow said...

MAN! I really wanted to go visit you!!!!! I'm so bummed i didn't get to see it! did you get any pictures? i went to the beach and didn't get back til almost 6, and then went to go out for dinner with my rents. i was hoping to get back around 4 and visit you in the in between time, but those plans changed as i sat in traffic =(

i'm glad it was so much fun!!! ahahah...the mental image of you breakdancing/every other kind of dancing in a cow suit is one of the funniest things i've ever imagined.

danielle said...

how awesome! i bet you looked hilarious, more so than usual anyway. ha ha just teasing you. you can break dance? sweet! tell me the next time you do the cow suit and i'll try to stop by to make fun of you...*cough* i mean to visit you. :)