Saturday, February 17

suspicious sand-digger

today was an inservice day, so no school for me!
i decided to go down to manhattan beach today, and for the most part it was rather uneventful. after i realized that i would be coming back to mb tomorrow, i decided to post-pone my run til then.
so i picked up a yummy sandwhich and walked down to my spot in the middle of the sand (i have this thing about where i walk/sit in the sand... i don't know why, but i always have to find a spot of undisturbed sand, or walk where there aren't footsteps... i dunno, something about being the first to leave a mark in the sand is really cool...) anyway, my spot is pretty much in the middle of nowhere as far as a beach goes. not near the pier, not in the wet sand, but not near the bike path. it's really cool though, because of where i sit, sound is muted because there's a little hill right before the ocean and it bounces the sound up over your head if you sit where i do. you see the waves crash, but all you hear is muffled sound... pretty neat. wow, that was a tangent.
anyway, i ate my sandwhich, and then i had the sudden urge to dig (after i took a 10 minute nap in the sun). so i started to dig... and dig... and dig. then, i wanted to bury, so i stuck my legs in the hole (up to my knees) and then burried... and then piled on more sand from another hole i dug. i was like a little child playing in the sand, and a few people walked by wondering what in the world i was doing... especially as i was making sound effects while smashing small piles of sand i built (sadly, this is very true).
after a bit of sand fun, i decided to take off and head to the mall. i will post the picture tomorrow, but you'd be surprised to know that shopping can cause cancer... trust me on this one. i'll show you the proof later.
so at the mall, i walked out of one of the stores and noticed a mall security guard standing there, and as i walked past him (at a leisurly non-suspicious pace) i noticed he started to walk about 7 feet behind me. as i continued to walk down one side of the mall and looked at the stores as i passed them, i noticed in my peripheral (sp?) vision that he was still walking behind me... 6 stores down, still there. as i reached the end of the mall, i made a u-turn and checked out the other side of the mall... as did the security guard!!! when i was nearing the other end, and he was still following me, i wanted to make sure that he was following me, so i cut across the middle and went in to the hallmark store... he cut across as well and stood outside the store!!!!!! can you believe it?!?!
i will say this... i do walk around with my hands in my pockets, and i often wonder if that makes me look suspicious... but come on, what could i seriously shoplift into my pant pocket?!?!
i almost felt like walking up to the guy and saying, "just search me already, punk!" but i refrained... i don't think i am one to be confrontational... at least with authority... but then again, would you call a mall cop authority? haha, wow, totally not serious on that one.
anyway, he left after i stayed in the store for a while... but i was getting bored, i mean how many valentines cards can you look at before you've seen em all?

okay, so as i look back on the day, i guess it wasn't that bad... but manhattan beach wasn't that exciting today as it usually is...
maybe it'll be more exciting when i attempt a 2 hour run tomorrow after waking up early for a used gear sale.

hmmm, we'll see.

No comments: