Saturday, March 3

ai chiuahuah

first day on the job, and i have to say, i nearly did it all.
3pm to 9pm was my shift today.
i was on the frontlines, working the register with a smile plastered on every single second. it wasn't that hard, and i enjoyed it. however, i was working on the farthest register, and people never come there because they are too lazy to walk 5 registers down.
anyway, i then got moved to drive through (not on the headsets, just register and giving the food to the driver at the window). it wasn't long before i made a mistake with the change, and i was bummed and embarassed... but then 10 seconds later when the next car came up i was over it. then i was back at the instore register, which we not only take the order but make the drinks as well. i was getting annoyed with the soda orders, because you know how when soda pop fizzes and it splatters onto your hand? well ya, all over my hands. grody... anyway, i was quickly moved to the milkshake machine. first of all, no shaking is involved when making milkshakes... just buttons, counting, dispensing, and mixing with the machine thing... and of course, a cherry on top. after two milkshakes, i look down at my pants and it looks as if Pollock (splatter painter dude) dipped his paint brush in a milkshake and got to work on his latest project with my pants as the canvas. white specks ALL over the front of my pants and belt. (it's because the mixer thing is an ultra fast spinner that sprays milkshake everywhere.) milkshakes were fun to make, however, they were temptimg to eat!
speaking of eating... my lunch/dinner break. now you must understand, i am NOT a fan of chick-fil-a food. so i wasn't planning on eating, however, i got super hungry, so when it came time for my 30min break, i asked to order a chicken wrap... healthy enough. you need to know that any regular non-health-conscious worker gets all of the following for their break meal: chicken sandwhich, fries, ice cream, drink... all for free... i try to get JUST a wrap...NO. i was kind of thrown off, so i asked if i could just get a fruit cup. they were about to say no, but then they realized it was the fruit cup or nothing, and they didn't want me to eat nothing, so they let me. so from noon to 9, all i had was a fruit cup. i had a snack in my car that i brought from school, but i totally left it in my car and din't remember til it was too late. lets just say i am packing dinner for tomorrow night!
so i said i pretty much did it all, right? well it's definitely not "all" if the cow suit isn't included!!!
yup yup, two more shifts of the cow suit, and this time was hilarious!!! the lady (who is part of the training staff for the opening) was the one who took me out to gridley where i, in her words, did my thing. let me just say that this lady had a blast. she was cracking up, and singing so i could have a tune to dance to. she nearly started beat-boxing (sp) when i broke out the break dance moves. she kept on telling me, "you have no idea how much the these people's faces are lighting up when they drive by right now!" then halfway through, she asked, "you must be a dancer." i nearly fell over laughing.
"no ma'am, only when nobody's is looking, or in this case, only when i wear a cow suit."
she sang the macarena, and even made up her own rap about chicken and how we need to eat more of it.
at the end of the first shift, she took me inside the resturaunt where there were tons of kids and she walked me through.
hilarious side note, while walking through the resturaunt in the suit, i saw my middles shcool art teacher eating there and i waved to her... but she just saw a big cow waving, not me.
anway, this part in the resturaunt made me feel slighty like the pope... holding kids, kids running up and hugging me, me getting down on a knee to take pictures with the itty bittiest of kids... fun stuff that pretty much melts your heart.
second shift was just as fun...
tons of honks and moos... gotta love it...
it was a welcomed break from the heat of the drive through, however, i did have to go back. i did get to go back to the store registers though.
at 8pm i hit the wall... my legs were ready to die, and some more people i knew from school came in.
8:30 and i was nearly done. i learned that you can get your chicken nuggets well done... bet ya didn't know that one.
9pm and i was outta there and on my way to get dinner... i ended up just going to baja fresh.
anyway, i am exhausted and need to sleep.
this post is long, but hey, all first time stuff deserve long posts.

adios amigos

3 comments:

Sarah said...

you left out the part about the amazing notes that were left on your car. They were quite beautiful ;) We wish we could have said hi but you were so concentrated with getting the orders to the drive thru that you didn't see us :( haha we'll come by another time!

danielle said...

sounds tiring! i'm glad you are having fun though. remember when you didn't want to work there at all? so now are you glad you did? i hope so! see ya later! :)

Anonymous said...

You are probably the only person I would enjoy seeing in a cow suit. Everyone else I'd just feel sorry for.

Not that I would enjoy laughing at you...I just mean that it's gotta be awesome to watch you get your mooove...groove...on.

Okay, so I'd enjoy laughing. Ah! A better way to phrase it: you are so awesome in a cow suit, I probalby wouldn't mind suiting up and dancing on Gridley right next to you. Thanks for the entertainment!