Monday, March 12

oh, go ahead

"oh, you're with the press, go ahead..."
it was quite a funny sight...
you see, i decided to bring my videocamera with me to the tennis tournament because i wanted to mess around and have some sweet tennis footage to edit...kind of wanted to make my own fun tennis reels... anyway, so i brought my vid camera with me, and my dad, as usual, had his big photo camera and monopod. so when we were walking in to the tennis gardens, i opened up my vid cam bag (which is actually kind of big) to have it checked, but the lady looked at me and my dad standing next to eachother, and seeing his big camera and my big bag, she came to the conlusion that we were with the press, and she just waved us by!!! it kind of looked like i was caddying all my dad's gear, but not true... i didn't carry the bag around all day by the way... i left it at my seat with my grampa and then walked around with just my camera (the bag gets heavy). here's a pic from this morning.. this guy was walking around on stilts!




before i get to some crazy stuff, i just have to say that i was SOOOOO excited to have my camera with me... i had SOOOO much fun with taping, and i felt so professional, especially when at andy' autpgraph session (which i chose not to stand in line for just so i could video tape) one of andy's video guys who must have been making a short film on him or something had the same exact camera as me. sweet stuff.

anyway, i filmed a ton, and i am SUPER excited to edit it and make some fun stuff...
so, crazy news for today is that today was an upsetting day.
now, if you actually read the paragraphs above, you would know it was not upsetting for me. There was a ton of AWESOME tennis... long rallies, drop shots, passing shots... all in the blazing sun (which fried me and re-awakened my flip-flop tan lines).

however, i witnessed the de-throning of a king. brace yourselves, but Roger Federer lost in the first round tonight! to a nobody who is now a star! i personally am super happy and could not believe it while it was happening, and i was so excited afterwards that i got goosebumps. it wasn't that federer played bad, because he played really well... this other guy, canas, came out of no where.
in other upsetting news, lleyton hewitt also lost in a 3 set struggle (also first round.)
crazy stuff.

the weather was beautiful tonight... i wore shorts and a tshirt ALL day and night... and they weren't uniform shorts! oh comfy days.

here's andy!

4 comments:

Piperxmeow said...

oh andy...so pretty...even when he makes such weird faces.

Sarah said...

ahh he's so nice to look at.. and probably better in person :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.