Sunday, March 4

i looked down at my hands and told myself, i sure hope that red stuff is my blood.
i closed tonight at chick-fil-a, meaning i worked until 11pm (actually, it ended up being 11:30pm... that's almost midnight... that's almost tomorrow!) anyway, when you find yourself stickind your entire upper body into a trash can to clean it out, you know you are experienceing something different. and when you take a moment to look at your hands afterward, you really do hope that red stuff is your blood from scraping yourself on something. for me, i just believed it was my blood and left it at that.
todays shift was way better than yesterday's... first of all, i had some friends come in and even though i wasn't working at the register to take their order (i worked in the back bagging food for the drive through the entire night), it was refreshing to see a few familiar faces amidst the dinner time rush... gracias amigos!
secondly, there were less of those "grand opening staff" people, so it was less crowded and easier (and funner) to work.
9pm rolls around, and i hadn't been given my 30 min dinner break yet... so when it slowed down, i went to my boss and she quickly told me to go on break because i should have been an hour ago. so i was on break while no one else was, meaning i got the break room to myself.
do you guys understand the concept of 30 minutes??? i don't think i have ever appreciated a time frame of 30 minutes where all i do is catch my breathe... a 30 min break can do SOO much for you, at least in the fast service (not fast food) business. so ya, 30 minutes means more to me than it ever has before. so during my break i whipped out my dinner that i packed, pulled out my bible, and just had 3o minutes to myslef. it was pretty sweet.
well, i am all gross from closing (which includes trash taking out, mopping, squeegying, wiping, furniture moving, restocking, more trash taking out... tons of the dirty work) so i am going to go take a midnight shower. oh, and i popped 101 ballons tonight too... i counted because i have never held and popped that many balloons at once before... that was fun.
oh, and our big spender of the night spent $56.00 in one order in the drive through... gotta love the chicken... ?

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Ew!!! I'm hoping that was your blood too. I'm glad you are liking your job though. :)

rebekah said...

Maybe it was ketchup... or maybe a towel rack fell on you.

I had a dream last night that I worked at Chick-fil-a with you. It was really weird.

REALLY weird.