Tuesday, September 4

too many syllables

UPDATE: i just went to 'cokes and clubs' after my class to sign up for some clubs: ultimate frisbee, CVN (calvin video network), and the rock climbing club. sweet.
then i went for a run... even sweeter.

...

first day of classes... wow... is today actually here?
my goodness, it was almost like i hit the ground running, but forgot to run... but in a good way... does that make sense?
so woke up nice and early to have breakfast (which my suitemates dont't understand since my first class isn't til 10:30 on tues and thurs) and got back to the dorms to get ready to go to convocation. it wasn't anything special... although, it was kind of funny to be back in the "freshman" position where you're the new one and everyone is looking at you. so i booked it to my philosophy class (which started at 11:00 because of the special schedule) after convocation. so my prof for this class is cool, but after going through the syllabus, i was a bit intimidated. so we've got 6 books we're reading in this class (one of which i have to have read by thursday... 12 chapters long... but i'll get to that in a second). and one of them my prof says is really really advanced philosophy literature... he says his colleagues think he is out of his mind for assigning this book in an introductory philosophy class... it is by keirkegaard, and i am not looking forward to it. anyway, we also watched a bit of the italian job in class because my prof owns a mini cooper, so he wanted to show a mini cooper clip from the movie.
so after class, i had lunch and decided to get a head start on the reading since my next class wasn't til 6pm. so i read the first chapter, and i want to give you an idea of what i am reading, and the kind of names that are in this book... it's by tolstoy:
"Fyodor Vasilyevich vehemently denied that it was the subject to their jurisdiction, Ivan Egorovich clung to his own view, while Pyotr Ivanovich, who had taken no part in the dispute from the outset, glanced through a copy of the News that had just been delivered."

that's just the first sentence. one funny thing though... there are two characters in this book who have the same last name as two tennis players i like... ivanovic and golovin. otherwise, this book is insane... i fell asleep after getting through the first chapter, and then woke up just in time for my appointment with health services to go get my TB shot. so i got my shot out of the way, i also got my car all set with a parking permit, and i am still in the process of figuring out mail services. i've been waiting on two packages that were supposed to come last week, so i think i am going to go to mail services and figure it all out.

i've got a while til class, so i am going to get some more reading done.
andy roddick vs roger federer tomorrow!!! the more i read now, the less i have tomorrow, and the more time ihave to watch roddicks match... did i mention i only have one class tomorrow at 2:30pm... my prof for my history of pe rec and sports class emailed the class saying we wouldn't have class tomorrow... sweet.

hasta luego

3 comments:

rebekah said...

Where would we be without early breakfast?

Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about taking a philosophy class. Tell me what you think.

Anonymous said...

IVANOVIC!!!!!!!!! that's the first thing that popped into my head as i read that sentence. oohh, since this is the post before roddick/federer's match and this is jenny from the future, federer defeats roddick. roddick is out.