Monday, October 1

don't stop that squishy feeling

i can't remember the last time i had that squishy feeling of water in my soccer cleats. well, it all came back to me at ultimate practice today. it's been raining on and off all day long. it rained all throughout the night last night... it was quite amazing. in fact, when i woke up at 7:30am to go to breakfast, it was still dark as night outside, and it was raining. so on went my flipflops, on went my rainjacket, and we were off to breakfast (and i was still wearing my moose pjs :)

so that was fun.

so turns out this week will be our last bit of warmth. high 70s to low 80s thorugh thursday.

because of the heavy rain and wind, there are tons of leaves on the ground. pretty amazing. and when i walk down the hall, there is this window by the annex that has this pretty sweet view of some pretty sweet looking trees. this is the best shot i could get of it.
so, i'd like to say "hello october!" i am so excited. it think october is a pretty awesome month (as is november) because there's a lot of orange stuff... and i like orange. mmm, and pumpkin stuff... this is the time of year that i like to try to find a William Sanoma store, walk in, and sniff and sniff and sniff... all that pumpkin stuff.... mmmm.
anyway, before i start drooling on my laptop, i'd like to say something about theology.
it makes my head hurt. do you know what it's like to read chapters upon chapters about the trinity and predestination and atheism??? it hurts my head.
and if you ask me, it's basically just a bunch of chicken-egg questions.
chicken-egg questions?
you know, which came first, the chicken or the egg? questions like that, where the more you think and the more you try to make sense and logic, the more your head hurts.
for instance, can God make a rock so big that He can't lift it?
do you know what the answer to that is??? the answer is, that's not a question.
not a question? are you kidding me? that's the answer??
well turns out it is... because the task the question poses is some kind of psuedotask.
ouch. just talking about it makes my head hurt.
more chicken-egg questions to come... i can promise that.
and as for the original chicken-egg question, my money is on the cadbury bunny... that's what came first and got all this chicken-egg nonsense started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMM Cadbury.. I'm with you

DAD