Thursday, October 11

shattered, then glued back together.



that about sums it up.












let me explain why... it's over. it's done. life as we know it will never be the same.
on the first hole of frisbee golf, as i trotted over to my disc in the 50 some degree weather, my world shattered. the picture below should sum it up.


yes... sadly.... very sadly... it is true. my flip flop broke today (as did my heart). i was so overwhelmed, i didn't know what to do. i couldn't even walk in my flip flops, so i had to run back to the dorm barefoot. for those who think wearing flipflops provide no warmth for the feet... trying walking barefoot, and you'll see that flipflops provide plenty of warmth. so after lamenting a bit, i grabbed my chacos and ran back out to play frisbee golf.
so that would explain the sad face in the pic above.

as for the happy face...
i had TENNIS PRACTICE TODAY!!! it was awesome. i love tennis. tennis makes me happy. tennis and i were meant for eachother. that optic yellow tennis ball can brighten any day, even a day the was covered in the darkness of my broken flip flops. although it was super cold outside, we got some good tennis in. it felt sooooooo good to be on the courts and playing tennis again.
yay!

so according to my pillow, i am going to live in ohio. i was sitting in rebekah's room, and biz came in and saw my pillow (with the us map on it) i was holding, and so we discussed all the states we've been to (biz had more than rebekah and me combined... 33!) and then we decided to find out where we'd end up living by closing our eyes and eventually pointing to a spot on the pillow. i ended up in southern ohio, biz in indiana, and rebekah in kentucky. it was fun.

and to end this post, here's a verse that was my verse of the day a few days ago:
proverbs 15:30
"a cheerful look brings joy to the heart."

indeed it does... that's why you should smile. that brings me to one of my dove dark chocolate messages:
"smile... people will wonder what you've been up to." and "smile before bed... you'll sleep better."

that last one is not a hard thing to do when your living in the dorms... there's always fun/funny things going on.

oh, and this pic (courtesy of rebekah's phone) is from after breakfast yesterday morning... it was crazy because it hadn't rained or anything (it did later that day) and it was super early. i noticed it when we were walking out, and it lasted for a brief minute or so, but rebekas was able to capture it before it faded away... pretty sweet stuff...good reminder!

ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stina,
thank you for finding me on the web...I hope your mom and dad will come meet me this weekend.
You are right, Tippy needs a friend...

Love,
Bonkers

Mark and His Girls said...

Cristina! Thanks for the phone call today (Friday)...we all felt your love. :) Also, I'm so happy to hear that tennis is treating you so well...as well as you getting lots of fun use out of that pillow case of yours! Keep on being awesome you. :)
Much Love, Allison