Tuesday, October 23

reading recess

reading recess today and tomorrow.
what is a reading recess? we have two days off of classes so we can "catch up on our readings." we also have academic advising appointments. mine was this morning at 9:00 (which i probably would have missed had rebekah not called me... haha, thanks!)
oh my goodness... i love my advisor... she is super nice, and we got my schedule for next semester all figured out. creating a schedule is pretty tough, trying to get it all to work out with times and stuff... and keeping in minde tennis... but, by george we figured it all out!
so, assuming that none of my classes get filled up beforei get to register, this is what my schedule will look like...
biology 115, 9-9:50am (M T W F) and lab on Th from 8am-9:50
history 151, 10:30-11:20 (M T W F)
pe 204 (which is 'curriculum and intruction principles for teaching PE) 11:30-12:20 (M W)
education 102 (one of my education requirements) 11:30-12:20 (T Th)
so that is the bulk of my schedule... now, these next two classes are only for the first half of the semster and will drop out half way through the semester, leaving only the classes above.
Information Technology 110, 1:30-2:20 (M W F)
PE 156, 1:30-2:45 (T Th)

this last PE class, 156, is a requirement for PE majors... you know what it is??? creative dance.
hahaha
for those of you who have seen a few of my movies... or one imparticular... you know that there is no lack of creativity--well, i guess you could call it creativity--in my dance.
hahah, i don't think i'll have a problem... :)
so, i also learned a lot more about the PE major during our appointment too. there are some sweet requirements (like showing competency in practically every sport), but there is a lot of outside work that will be needed too. also, my advisor told me that i would only need to take an additional two classes in order to change from a secondary education focus to K-12... so i changed that as well.
coming out of that advising appointment... i am just super excited... super super excited.
so much fun!!!

tis all for now... actually, there is more, but i am saving that for tomorrow's post.
ciao for now

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Uh oh. Stina's gonna bust out the dance moves.

Can somebody videotape that class for me? ;)