Tuesday, October 16

give this equation a try

waffle + hard core studying + last day of prelude + gyros + notecards + rain all day long - the fact that tennis was cancelled = ?

a rather good day :)

today was the day of my first midterm, and it was in my communications and culture class. we hadn't had any tests yet in this class, and midterms carry a hefty part of our class grade, so i was super nervous. so after my philosophy class (which was done at 11:45), i went straight to my room and studied hard core all the way until prelude (my half a semester freshman class which is at 3:30). that's some pretty sweet studying. what does my studying look like??? it looks very silly and studious at the same time haha... can you tell i was cold!? well i was, so i was wearing my hat. and my glasses, they give me super studying power. actually, i just wear them because only what's right in front of my face is in focus, so if i get distracted and look away from my studies, i get blurry. and you might be able to see the white wires coming from under my hat... gotta have study music (and occasional dancing, which my roomie just can't get over).
speaking of roomie, we've been having a blast. i am really glad that we get along so well, and i am loving living with someone... i mean, the last time i shared a room was when i was a wee little tyke, and i shared a room with steven! so it's been good on the room mate front.
so let me see, what other part of the equation do i want to talk about. oh ya, back to the midterm...
well, i arrived to class for the midterm and was super nervous. but then right before he passes out the tests, he passes back our notecards.
amidst all my nervousness, i had completely forgotten that the notecards (which we get to write whatever and as much as we want on a notecard for every reading we have) would be passed back for midterm and the final!!!
so i consulted my cards every once in a while on the multiple choice, and once i reached the essays, i had ALL the information i needed to write more than enough for an essay. how awesome is that! what a wonderful surprise, and definitely something that calmed me down. i'm kinda glad i didn't know about that ahead of time, otherwise, i wouldn't have studied so hard (as fun as studying is :)
so to celebrate, shiloh and i are going to meijer :)
oh, and my suite mate and i have started a knitting circle for our dorm! that's going to be a lot of fun.
twas a good tuesday.
i hope all is well with everyone back home

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frannie and I are going to breakfast at 7:15 tomorrow; wanna come?

Let me know if it is still today (Tuesday). :)

I figure you might see this before you notice it on your door. :)

Nice work on the midterm!

Anonymous said...

sphinx?

Anonymous said...

what is 773?

Anonymous said...

Awesome! hope u kicked some cultural hinnee. I got 2 midterms tomorrow... Waking up at 4 to study w/a friend at school...and yeah seing that its 10:20 right now that means littte sleep, but actually thats way more than i get on finals! Best of luck!

Chrissy Padilla said...

It is well in Bellflower... but I do miss you and your sternum.