Thursday, October 18

karate kid



okay... imagine that the guy on the left represents my philosophy midterm.

the guy on the right would be me... i know, aren't i hunky?

i seriously just kicked some major booty (or face in this picture) on my philosophy midterm. 4 short answers (paragraphs), 2 essays (three pages all together) and one more long integrative essay (another 2 pages). do you know how good it feels to come out of an exam like that feeling like the one doing the kicking, and not the one being kicked!?

i owe a lot of it to the fact that he gave us a study guide, and basically half the study guide is what the test was composed of. plus last night, about 8 of us girls in the class got together and studied at Johnny's. It helped sooo much to just sit there and discuss it all. on top of that, we had such a blast (who knew studying could be fun???)

so now that's over. i've got one more test this week, and it's in my history of pe class tomorrow. that one won't be so bad, especially since he told us what the questions on the test were.

i got to play tennis again yesterday! only one little bummer... my first hit when warming up broke my string, and my other racket still needed to be strung, so i had to pull out my ultra-back up racket... my old orange hammer. haha, i haven't played with it in well over a year... maybe almost two. plus, the last time this racket was used was to whack a pinata :) so i wasn't hitting too great, but i still had a blast... we played my all time favorite game/drill, "rush 'n' crush" (which i prefer to pronounce "russian crush"). so yes... good times had by all.

my parents are currently in air space on their way toward grand rapids michigan. they'll be here tonight through sunday morning. good stuff.... i am excited to show them around and show them where i live... cause it's way cooler in person :)

tis all for now... has been raining a bunch but now blue skies... gotta love it :)

2 comments:

Mark and His Girls said...

I believe you used to have yet another back-up tennis racquet...I won't remind you of the reason why you don't have it anymore. :)
Have a great time with your parents! Blessings and way to kick some butt on that mid-term!

Jen said...

Have a fabulous weekend with your parents!