Saturday, November 24

have you ever kissed a cactus?


i did... just about 5 minutes ago. i was watering my cactus (i know, strange concept) when i realized that i never smelled the flowers on my cactus before (they are orange). kind of curious, i held the cactus up to my nose to smell the flowers (which are situated on the top of my cactus). forgetting about the needles below the flowers and the mouth below my nose, the two met and "ouch!"

that's my pet cactus. do you see how it happened? those are long spikes!
so i've still got my little cold, and now i've lost my voice... it's kind of pathetic sounding, which makes me laugh.
despite that, i managed to make my way to joanne's fabric store... little did i know that this massive sale was going on... pretty awesome. super cheap yarn and stuff... did you know that vanna white has her own yarn? well i bought some, cause her's was on major sale.
i also watched the movie "michael" today. i have to say, despite the numerous times i have seen it, i always cry like a baby when sparky gets hit by that truck... oh my goodness, i get teary eyed just thinking about it.
pie pie, me oh my...
i hear malibu is on fire again... crazy.
i read some more to prepare for my paper due on friday... i'm having a hard time following it, it doesn't flow very well (the author even warned about that in the preface), so if anyone has read "simply christian" by NT Wright, i would be interested in what you have to say about it.
it's really just been a ho-hum day (that is a saying, ya? if not, i sound incredibly stupid) so that is why i'm just saying random stuff.
people have been trickling back in to the dorms... i think the count is up to 4 people on the floor now? tomorrow, most will be back... i'm excited to get back in to the swing of things.
! i completely forgot that tennis was monday. crazy!
hmm, i think that is pretty much it... enjoy the rest of the weekend!
and by the way, flowers on a cactus don't smell like anything... i realized i never mentioned that.
:)

No comments: