Friday, January 18

guitar hero

well, it's past midnight, and the contest is over. the results:
in my slippers and argyle socks, i won the women's bracket (the women's bracket was played on medium... so, for those of you that know me... ya).
i watched the men's final... intense. they played the craziest song on expert, and this guy hit over 800 straight notes. yes, he is crazy, and has no life outside of guitar hero.
so then i had to play him, and i asked for mercy, so we got to play on hard. i lost to him by 1%... he had 94, i had 93. but that's okay, cause had it been expert, i would have been like, 2%.
my prize? a calvin frisbee, a calvin water bottle, a big hershey's chocolate bar, a bag of mints, and... my favorite... and umbrella that has a button to open it, AND to close it... dude, sweet!
welcome to the jungle was one of the songs i played... i dedicated it to you, chrissy :)
and there was a raffle with the tickets we each got for door prizes... and i thought of rachel: "ya, i'm pretty good at these."
so, good, but late, night.

see the productive and life-skill-building things we do here at college?

on my next resume:
Any special skills or achievments that make you qualified for this job?
Yes. Guitar Hero Champ 2008.

4 comments:

Mark and His Girls said...

We're so proud of you, Cristina! I feel honored that YOU introduced me to guitar hero. :)
Keep up the great learning opportunities that Calvin offers, you will come out a better person.

VerWys Family said...

Cristina you are amazing and by the way I am still good at raffle prizes, its a skill i am passing on to my boys. I'm glad you are enjoying interim!!

Jen said...

Congrats Guitar Hero Champ! Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Chrissy Padilla said...

Oh Stina! I'm so proud! So the other day I played the rock band game. I say you move back to Bellflower this summer and buy that game so we can practice. What do you think?