Friday, January 18

my tennis world just crumbled.

i've been watching since 5 in the morning.
had i not had a presentation at the beginning of class this morning, i just might have skipped the first part of class.
roddick had his match. as i walked in to class, the score was roddick's 1 set to the other guy's 2 (roddick won the second set).
at 10, we had our half our chapel break, and i bolted out of the class to the nearest computer... 5 all in the fifth... roddick had won the fourth set, and they were now in the final set. then me and my friend who is on my tennis team and in my class remembered the tvs in the lobby. we turned them on. roddick was serving, down 6-7 in the 5th. love-15. love-30. 15-30. 15-40. this was the fifth match point for the other guy. realizing this guy failed to win on four other occasions gave me hope. then roddick served, the rally began, and the ball headed to roddick's back hand. shoot, this can't be good. sure enough, roddick's cross court backhand went wide.

it's over. third round, roddick's out.

:(

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i watched the match... it was intense!!! i was sad and thought of you...