Thursday, January 10

a slushy accumulation of less than one inch

that's the forecast for tomorrow... however, it sounds more like a re-cap on the day. it sounds so, i dunno... like, ugh, ick, nyah... all of that. i mean, so disappointing--slushy isn't good, and less than one inch? well, that's just a sign of not being enough... come on, can't even make an inch?
actually, my day wasn't that bad... it was just this one thing... totally upset me. in fact, i am kind of surprised it upset me so much. this is what it was: my professor ripped apart my reflection paper. not literally, of course (not possible since i emailed it), but with her own words and digital comments. ya, they can do that now... they highlight a sentence or word and then can attach this comment thing to it. now we don't have to worry about not being able to read professors' handwriting. anyway. not a single good comment... she basically said my entire paper was awkwardly phrased and that she had to repeatedly read things because she didn't get them the first time around. she didn't like my brevity, but in my defense, this was a 1.5 page reflection paper... reflection paper... on about 18 pages of reading about testimony. she didn't like the fact that i didn't go in to detail, but i am sorry if i don't want to go into details about personal stuff. finally, to put the cherry on top, when putting her last few cents in at the bottom of my paper (as all profs do... you know, the summary comment right before they give the grade... basically their final opinion), she spelled my name with an 'h'. normally it doesn't bug me, but when you add it all together, it's big. kind of made me laugh though... cause my academic advisor made a big deal about people not spelling my name right (she has the same problem with her name) and that i should always correct people. she herself actually sent me a second email after she realized that in her first email she spelled my name wrong. anyway. ya, that paper kind of gloomed up the day. man, the day after i decide to write a book sometime in my life.
but.
tonight, i am gonna right such a great reflection paper that she'll think i plagiarised because it is such a step up from the last "incoherent and awkward" paper. yes, that's what she said. but i am SO over it.
hey, so i just got my calendar for 2008 (of course, it's tennis themed), and i need to put everyone's bdays on it. is it awkward to ask for bdays? well, i seem to be having luck with awkwardness today, but i am gonna ask anyway. i would like to write them in my calendar.

ok? ok.
ciao my friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

February 29.

Haha, no, just kidding. If you really don't know and want to, you can come find me. It will be a sign of our good friendship.

No doubt I will see you soon anyway.