Tuesday, June 21

Java Java Java...

howdy to everybody from the Java Lounge in Iddywild!
I walked into town from camp Dunamis to hook up to some internet and give you all an update.
This week, i am the videographer for Camp Dunamis... I also edit all the footage as I shoot it so that they can see the final product at the end of the week. The weather is beautiful... I can never get enough of the mountains and the fresh, smog-free air. I wouldn't mind staying in the mountains for a summer... that would be sweet.
It's pretty nice being on the Dunamis staff... I have quite a bit of freedom. All they care is if I get the video done... which i am doing with quite a bit of ease. It's nice--i get to shoot the film, go in and edit it alone (while listening to my ipod) then head to town if I want to check my email and stuff.
Along with the freedom, i get to stay in a nice room... it's in the newly built Pine Lodge (it's in camp dunamis right next to the kids' cabins). It is air conditioned, really nice, and my room (which i share with two others) has a NICE bathroom and shower... with hot water...
anyway, the kids are also great. It is awesome to see how kids will accept eachother and become friends with people they don' even know. I think we don't give middle schoolers enough credit for friend-making and being open others. God is deifinately doing a lot this week in these kids' lives. I can already see a difference in the actions, smiles, and eyes of the kids that have never experienced anything like this before.
well, i don't this to be a novel, so i will wrap this up and leave something to talk about when i come back to the Java Lounge next time (maybe tomorrow!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shut up

Anonymous said...

now here's the thing, both our asian friend and i have been stuggling to make plans to do something. we figured that since you were gone we'd do all non-stina stuff like go to a movie, or go ice skating. we were going to get out nails and hair done but we just didn't have time. Now that i'm departing you next year for the sake of my sport, practice is determining a lot in our relationship now. granted i do have 5 and 3/4 hours between practices, thats just not enough time to get in all the shopping and caviar tasting jennith and i had planned. the point is we need you more than you've ever known. i want you here with me more than anyone could ever want someone else.

Anonymous said...

shut up

Anonymous said...

the totalitarian state of foreign affairs in both hemispheres of the globe force us to reconsider the values forced upon the common man which has no say in the atrocities forced upon the people which follow blindly the hash falsies of the commuinist regime