Friday, July 22

back to bellflower...

howdy all

i am home from tennis camp at pepperdine. this last week was great. i had a ton more fun than the first week, however the tennis itself was great both weeks. i did rather well in the tournament this morning. i made it to a tie breaker in my set against the really good guy. i think he was frustrated by the fact that he was being beaten by a girl. he looked to his mom when he was down 0-3 ( i had three) and said, "mom, she's a girl!" it made me feel good that i frustrated him in that way. i lost in the tie breaker, but i was very pleased with my performance.

later, we had "graduation". the team i was on (team 'spam') won team tennis for the week and we got medals that say '1st' in big block letters. then, came the surprise that actually made me really happy inside... i was also very surprised. i got camper of the week... it was really cool. i got this huge... and i mean huge.. tennis bag (tecnifibre). now, if other people are like me and get intimidated by people with large tennis bags, i could get my competition to run out of the place and forfeit the tournament just by using this bag at my tournaments. it's sweet :)

i will post a few pics from the last day. well, i am hungry. i am still on the 5:00 dinner time schedule.

bye :)

No comments: