Sunday, July 3

dating advice and sex jokes

well, once again, not exactly what you would expect to be a header for a story from my experiences with the older folk. Yet, I saw that this was best fitting for what I encountered this past friday at the 4th of july party at the senior center.

It was my last day volunteering, and there was going to be a huge party for 4th of july. My first task was to hand out raffle tickets to those who were entering the lunch area. Now, i call this a task for a reason... you have to be able to chase them down (when they don't hear you) in a way that doesn't startle them or make you look like a freak. One lady, (in response to my cheerful "here's your raffle ticket for the cool raffle today!"), just looked at me and yelled "Why in the world would I want a waffle! It's mid-day!". Then she threw the ticket at me and shuffled away... lets just say she didn't win any cool prizes that day.

Spaeaking of prizes, they were pretty lame. I would know... i wrapped them. There was stuff like a shaving kit (complete with nose hair clipers), tupperware (NOT microwaveable), and crackers. They got a kick out of all the prizes.

So, I should probably begin to be relevant to my header. The senior center advertised 'live entertainment' for the party... wow, was it far from life or what. We took "a singing journey" through the past 800 years of the history of North America. She (also a bit older) would be in the middle of a story of how we traveled west in covered wagons and then break into song about the pilgrims. It was scattered... very scattered. Then in between decades, she would tell a few jokes with absolutely no relevance. When i began to listen to the jokes, my jaw dropped when my mind figured out that this lady was telling sex jokes... very disturbing sex jokes. One that stuck with me... well, it's only the punch line: "He kisses like a vacum... good suction, and has all the right attachments." ewww.... erg, i feel so dirty just typing it.

Nobody danced like they were encouraged to do... so I did. Have you ever tried dancing to "I've been working on the railroad"? Not very easy.

After, I was watching the tennis match in the tv room when the populars walked in... all four. I got nervous and kept quiet. A little flirting went on, jokes were told, then one guy began to talk to me. He told me that he and his bud were of a different breed. They weren't ordinary old folk. They could dance, laugh, and, so he claims, tell THE funniest jokes and be comics. My dating life came into the picture without my wanting (for those of you that don't know... I have no dating life). According to the ladies, I need to get my act together. "You're only young once." They said that I should have a steady soon, or all hope is lost. The men of different breeds told me I should find someone like them. I sat and smiled politely... then I became sad... I need o find a guy... haha I don't want to be part of a elederly singles group. I know I have a TON of time though, no matter what Marie says. I am 16, (not 20 which seems to be the age of choice among most people i meet these days..) and am perfectly fine going against the trend of dating. Why I am talking about my dating life? Never mind...

Well, I hope your summers are well. I am taking off for tennis camp a week from tomorrow! I will keep updating!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=D