Sunday, July 10

jumping beans and tennis balls

I sit here in my dorm room listening to little 7 and 8 year olds jumping off of their beds and onto the ground the floor above me. My room is on the bottom floor, which is nice, but of course, we've got the jumping beans stationed above.

Anyway, the first day has gone pretty well. It was rough at first (it took almost two hours to get here) but it improved once I got settled into my room and discovered that internet connection was available. There's a nice all-weather track right outside my dorm... i will definately be going for a few runs the next two weeks. The campus is awesome... there's a nice swimming pool (where they practice water polo...) and the view all over the campus is awesome.

Well, the salad bar (complete with sneeze guard) is decent... the rest of the food is okay. I'll tell you this, though: some kids took advantage of the "fit all you can on your tray..." ya, little ones eat quite a bit.

Speaking of little ones, that is about 95% of the camper population. It's okay though, cause the kids that are my age, are in my suite. The 12 year olds seem to own the place here. I nearly got plowed by a girl at the cafeteria... I figured she would move out of the way because i had no way to get out of the way, i was right next to a wall. Nope, she made eye contract with me and walked straight towards me. Silly me, i should have known she had the right of way. Interesting on here... yup yup... interesting. I know i wouldn't speak of drills, but I have one thing I have to say... I am keeping up with the otheres fairly well. I figured that there would be 10 year olds kicking my toosh around the court... That would be sad. It doesn't work the other way though... I can't get all happy if i do better than them in a drill. I learned the kick serve today. That was fun.

My word, the little ones above are driving me crazy. If one of them falls through the ceiling, i will never stop laughing.

Well, today wasn't filled with many stories, but i am sure I will encounter some soon.

Hope your summers are great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jumping beans....hmmmm....sounds interesting!

KFM
:-)

Anonymous said...

ellivoor ni retcarahc a saw i hsiw i dna ydna si eman ym

hola jugadora del tenis. jugadora...una palabra con muchas tradduciones. HAHAHAHAHA

You know who this is.

buY

Anonymous said...

traducciones*