Tuesday, July 12

give me a chance!!!!

okay, well today was great... tennis-wise at least. I won my doubles set and my singles set... my singles set, i was down 1-5 and came back to win 7-6! yay, that was fun... however...

later in the day, for night activites, we had a choice of stuff. Volleyball, paddle ball, and ultimate frisbee. Now, first of all, i LOVE ultimate frisbee... i can't get enough of it. So, of course that was my choice. So i went over with the group (which had two other girls, one my age and the other about 11) and was pumped to be playing. There were four guy counselors (key word guy) on each team. At first, all they did was pass it to the counselors only... stupid. So then they made the rule, 3 campers first then you can score. So i thought i would finally be passed to, cause i was open a gabillion times... yet, i am a girl. so, the 3 camper rule is set... still, not a single throw to me. I was really annoyed... i sprinted to make myself open and screaming their name. The counselor would look at me, then turn around. Arg. So, our team is kicking butt, and i still haven't gotten a pass... retarded... i was really annoyed. After an hour,"Next point wins" was yelled... So, i sprint to the endzone, scream my head off, and finally, that plastic disc was thrown in my direction... in a poor manner, may i add.

I was hungry for that thing, so i backed up, and jumped... pretty high. I reached up with one arm and grabbed that thing and landed in the endzone. They guy counselors looked at me... i gave them the ya-this-girl-can-jump look, and their jaws dropped. "where have you been all this game?"

I didnt respond, i just walked away. About 40 yards away, i realized i still had the frisbee. I threw it to them, with fair accuracy, not great, but it made it. Ya, this girl can throw too.

For those of you that don't know me (if you don't know me, then why are you on my sight?) i am a competitive person and love these games. This was the first time i did not enjoy ultimate frisbee. But don't worry, i am not going to abandon the game... i will have to play soon though to restart the frisbee fire...

wow, lengthy story for such a small thing...

well, i better be off... i will write soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

. . .o.K. which court, eh?

Anonymous said...

Wow Cristina. You were freaking me out. I had to read real fast to get to the end... I thought you were going to say you sprained an ankle or something.. I'm glad it was only your pride that was hurt. If they only knew how good you were. You would have won faster. Sounds like an awesome catch!!!
Sleep well ... Dreams sweet. Have fun tomorrow. :>

dad

Anonymous said...

Hello Cristina. Guess what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Apparently, it seems as if you had misspelled a word. It is site, not sight.