Saturday, August 4

4:30 am

i woke up randomly in the middle of the night last night, and just as i was about to see what time it was, my phone rang. as i reached for my phone i caught a glance of the clock showing 4:30 am. when i saw it wasn't one of my saved numbers, but it was a 562 number, i was curious. so with a tired grunt, i answered the phone: "hello?"
"yessica?"
i laid back in my bead, thinking, you've got to be kidding me. i thought i settled these "yessica" calls last year!
"no, you've got the wrong number."
and so began an argument with somebody i didn't even know at 4:30 am.
"no, yessica, it's [some understandable name]..."
"i am not yessica... wrong number"
"yes you are [long sentence in spanish which i didn't care to try and understand]"
what followed was a couple rounds of me saying "you've got the wrong number, i am not yessica" and them saying "yessica, stop it, its blah blah blah, *rambles on in spanish*"
i became very angry, as i was not happy to have my sleeping time disturbed.
"listen, i don't know who the heck you are, but it's 4:30 in the morning, and yessica needs to sleep, okay?"
"yessica, it's 1:30 en la manana, no 4:30"
"well you know what, yessica has moved to michigan, so here it is 4:30!"
silence.
"porque estas en michigan?"
you have got to be kidding me!!!
"I... am not... YESSICA"
as more spanish ramblings occured, i was just done with it. so i interrupted and explained...
"you've got the wrong number, i am not yessica, and don't you ever call this number again!"
and i hung up.
i looked over at the clock, now 4:40am.
i wasted 10 minutes arguing that i was not yessica with a complete stranger who was obviously on something.
and i could not get back to sleep... something was up with my stomach--i couldnt tell whether i was really hungry or whether i was ready to be sick. for the next 45 minutes i tried to fall back asleep... and finally i started to drift off... finally...
not so fast...
my phone rings again.
i dont think i have ever been so angry to hear my phone ring. i looked at the clock, 5:30am. i looked at the number, same 562 number.
i answered the phone with a very loud, very clear "you've got, the wrong, number!"
silence...
"yessica?"
i took a deep breath.
"what in the world are you doing at 5... at 2:30 in the morning that you need to get a hold of yessica? have you ever thought that yessica likes to sleep, and that maybe she gave you my number, the WRONG number, on purpose?!"
silence.
"yessica?"
"NO!"
"yessica, it's [same un-understandable name]"
"leave me alone."
and i hung up.

so, if it's one of my friends playing a prank, you can tell that i am rather angry.
and if it's not, i am even angrier.
i considered calling them this morning and waking them up saying, "hola, es yessica!" but i didn't. they'd probably believe me.

however, now that that's over, i get go out and enjoy my day.

ta-ta

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, I wish had phone calls that interesting. I always get calls from various people who ask for the doctor. Some frickin' doctor (or 411 service) is giving these patients MY cell phone number. So everytime I listen to a voicemail message that talks about how this or that person has kidney failures, I just think to myself about how this will never reach a real doctor and how tragic that is.

Jen said...

Thanks for the laugh!