Wednesday, August 22

if i had to name my soap box racer...

...i'd name it michigan lightning. i think it's kind of catchy.

anyway, it's the michigan lightning that woke me up at 6am... don't get me wrong, i am not angry at all. in fact, when i realized the frequency of the flashes coming in from my window, i grabbed my camera and ran upstairs. if ihad to put a rate of how owften lightening was flashing, at one point i would say about 50 bolts per minute, no joke. and y'all know me... i love lightning. so i sat there and watched it for a bit, and then i whipped out my camera. i caught myself a beaut... it's a fatty bolt. this one is in the backyard, and there were actually quite a few bolts that came across this clearing. suh-weet.

thunder was literally going constantly, and it was just absolutely amazing.

gotta love those summer t-storms!

1 comment:

Piperxmeow said...

ah, beautiful.

i love lightning too. send a storm over here quick before i leave! pleeeease? :)