Thursday, August 2

gone picking

mmm, look at that fine bucket of blueberries picked by none other than myself!
the fun times (and first-times) just keep coming in michigan. today i went with allison to go blue berry picking at this place on quincy called gold barn. they have rows and rows of blueberry bushes, and you grab a bucket, tie it around your waste (as i am fashioning in the picture), and then set off down the rows picking blueberries... and seeing how you yourself are the one doing the picking, you end up with a bucket of blueberries picked to your liking.
it was a good time out there, picking, eating a few, talking, eating a few, picking some more, and of course, eating a few. ever had blueberries straight off the bush? quite the treat!
so, about 2 pounds of blueberries managed to escape the wrath of my eating them right away and made it into my bucket... however my bucket looked rather feeble compared to allisons full bucket and even more so compared to the two buckets per-picker that the group paying ahead of us had. in fact, one of the guys stopped to look inside my bucket, looked at me, and told me i should be back in the bushes and picking more... then he gave me a green blueberry, which i haven't quite figured out yet.
so it was a good time! i'm definitely planning on making my way back there after i go through my blueberries that i picked today :)

another acomplishment...
10 is the number today! i made it around the circle 10 times!!i went from 4 on tuesday, 6.5 yesterday, 10 today. i am loving this. however there is something i realized... i don't think i know how to turn right. you see, i go counter-clockwise areound the circle... and i tried to go the otherway, and it wasn't working so well... hmm, i'll need to work that one out.

well, i am almost done with the 5th harry potter (only 150 pages left... i think i can do that tonight). while not picking berries or riding the unicylce, i've literally been on the porch all day and reading...
i love porches.

welp, that's it...
hooroo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thomas said there's nothing like Michigan blueberries...all I had to offer hime here were Pavillions bought (Canada grown) blueberries!

By the way, both Carrie and Thomas LOVED the rasberry jam you made...I think I have enough left for one piece of toast...I need the recipe soon!
Love,
MoMMy

Anonymous said...

shoot. that means i have to finish the 6th book soon. anyways, what i wanted to say most was
"ANTIOXIDANTS!!!!!!!!!" (mmmm...my favorite)