Wednesday, December 5

bright sun-shiny day

well, it is wednesday, and i've got two more days of classes ahead of me, and then three days of exams. further, one week from today i go on my first solo flying adventure back to the west coast for a lovely three week break.

as i walked to class this morning, i could not get over how beautiful today is. lets see... i was wearing longsleeves with a tshirt over it, one of my thinner jackets, and a vest. i was also wearing jeans. and as i walked to class, i found myself taking my time, walking a bit slower, because it felt soooo good outside... crisp air, a bit of a chill, but by no means was i cold at all (except my ears... my ears always get cold). not to mention, there were blue skies with not a cloud in sight, and snow all over the place (except the pathways, of course). it really is one of the greatest things i've ever seen. and i could not get over just how delightful it was outside today. so after getting back from class, i was curious as to what the temperature was outside... surely it was a bit warmer cause it felt so nice. turns out, it was 23 degrees. 23 degrees? delightful? since when is 23 degrees delightful? so, if any of you are curious as to how i am adapting to this weather... i'd say i'm adapting rather well considering 23 degrees is delightful.

this time of year becomes quite the busy and stressful one. everyone is spending major hours in the library, numerous hours on end studying for exams and writing papers, people's eyes begin to glaze over a bit... i find it a bit humorous... but i really should not be the one to speak. i've been on the recieving end of many playful "i hate you"s due to the fact that i've been caught knitting, watching a movie, playing tennis, or even reading for leisure instead of with my nose in the books, or eyes glued to my laptop screen in eagerness to finish out a paper. but it's not like i haven't been studying, or working on my paper (i have a PE paper due on friday... so excited about it... another thing that gets me weird looks), cause i have been. i just find it a bit hard to get stressed about these things--which is funny, because i always manage to stress about other things that are just so random and in no way worth stressing over. i wish i could bring my school-mentality in to other areas of life.

anyway, things have been great here. it's been awesome getting to play tennis every night... that itself helps to keep things on the lower stress level. the snow is fun, and i like to go off path so i can walk through the snow in my boots i got from meijer. i like the cold and the scarfs, hats, and hot teas and drinks that go with it. my roomie is fun, and i love the random fun we get in to. there's a ton to do, and i am looking forward to the calvin vs hope hockey game this friday night (my first hockey game ever) and to a brandon heath concert on saturday. i enjoy waking up every morning to the snow outside my window, and then walking to breakfast in the dark, arriving to my good friend the waffle iron. afternoon naps are great, and they get me through the day. rebekah, my roomie, and i are obsessed with RealSimple magazine, and we have been getting the magazine each month, and we each end up reading through it. we've been super excited for december's, and one thing i look forward to is reading it on the plane/in the airport.

that's kind of what we've been up to here, a little look in to what life is like here. i'm happy to say it's good. although, one thing, this is gonna sound kind of silly, but... for the past three nights, my dreams have been plagued with two things: my dog tippy, and visits to golden spoon. one of them was the golden spoon went out of business. isn't that awful. all i can say is, a week from tonight, i'll be sitting on my sofa at home, tippy next to me, and a nice helping of golden spoon in hand. now that's something to look forward to... oh ya, and all you guys too :) i'm just kidding, y'all know i am excited to see you. it's gonna be a blast.
so with that, i end this post with a fun little comic of snoopy...this is snoopy's version of waking up to snow :)

1 comment:

danielle said...

um, cristina, i hate to break it to you, but you don't have to be excited about doing a paper for people to give you weird looks...that is just most people's first reaction when they see your face!
mwhahaha! :)