Thursday, December 6

lonely geese and an old lady

thursday... last time i ever had philosophy, and last time for my communications class. this night was filled with other fun events though.
first off... christmas dinner in the dining halls. and let me say... two words: egg nog. yes! first glass of egg nog of the season. it was mighty delicious. i also had some yummy mashed potatoes, and yummy red velvet cake... incredible.
earlier in the day, however, were filled with some fun times.
first, as i was in my room this afternoon, i looked out the window to notice a rather large animal walking around the tennis courts/construction. to my surprise, it was a large goose. he was there, wandering around in the same little spot, just hanging out there. that goose was there for hours. he looked a bit lonely, so i decided to do something. i grabbed some pretzel sticks and put on my boots and ran down to the fence. there i stood, beckoning a rather large and lonely goose. i threw the pretzels over the fence, but he wouldn't respond. i stayed for a bit, keeping the goose company (as many people stared from their windows, asking what i was doing). so, yes, today i tried to feed a lonely goose.
second... i went to meijer today because last night it occured to me that all my stuff was transported out here in the mode of boxes and my car... no luggage whatsoever. that's kind of a problem when you plan to travel and stay somewhere for three weeks. although i originally entertained the thought of duct taping a bunch of plastic meijer bags together to fashion some kind of piece of luggage, i decided it be best to get a piece o' luggage. so off to meijer i went.
standing in the luggage aisle, i realized that it is kind of nice that they arranged the luggage in order of cheapest to not-cheapest. so the first one i came across i like for two reasons... it was big, red, and a 1200 durability (whatever the heck that means). so i called my pop to see if i should get the medium or the large. i assured of the top quality, low price, and good size. so i resolved to get the large red suitcase. so i hang up the phone, walk out the aisle rolling my luggage in front of me. not even two seconds later, an old lady (upper 70s at least) grabs my arm to stop me and inform me, direct quote: "oh, you are going to love that. i have the entire set and it is just wonderful. except, mine is blue. bye dear."
again... old people ROCK. she totally made my day... and affirmed my decision in the big red luggage. i was sold.

so i wrote my Helen Wills paper today, and i got so frustrated when i was done because there was sooo much more that i wanted to write and tell, but i only had six pages to work with (i wrote seven though). i really enjoyed writing it, but i just hope i did her justice... cause there was so much cool stuff, but so little room. i hope my prof sees how cool she is... if i could get that out of him, my job is done.

one class tomorrow, and my first semester of classes is done.

and...

it's snowing like crazy outside!




i love snow.

oh, and happy campin' to wilderness challenge... first trip of the year, and in joshua tree, most awesome place ever. say hi to the cacti for me... and remember... if you aren't screwing down, you're screwing up.

:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome paper Stina!
You ROCK!!!!!

6 days:

*Chipotle--Check
*Golden Spoon--Check
*Tippy--Check
*Cheerios--Check
*Couch--Check

shizdog said...

It's snowing like crazy outside? Crap, I think I missed it.

:(

Anonymous said...

riding to all of these events in your dad's new car--priceless

rebekah said...

"1200 durability" means that your luggage will endure 1,200 kicks before disintegrating.

It's true. Try it.

cristina said...

rebekah, i tried and you were right... my bag disintegrated. now i am left without luggage again... thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

priceless indeed....especially with Tippy in his new car seat!

Anonymous said...

where are the hoffs picture? hahahhahahahha. Trying to get plan 56.3bver2 moving, but phil fell asleep early today, so expect some delays. one idea in my head...call ya tomorrow!