Friday, June 15

let me tell you bout the squirrels and the skunks...

not-so-great-idea that could have gone very very wrong number 1:

at the tennis courts... oo, a squirrel! grab my keys out of my pocket and toss them towards it, half expecting it to run away. mr. squirrel didnt even flinch. instead, walks up to my keys (that's when i realized it probably wasn't a great idea to do that... that's when visions of the squirrel running off with my keys came in) and then he stands there with his nose on them. he is absolutely frozen, and i am wondering what he is doing. 10 seconds later, he runs off, leaving not only my keys behind but also a little tiny puddle of squirrel pee right next to them.

why thank you mr. squirrel.

that wasn't the only animal gift tonight.

also at the tennis courts... a skunk chose my court to lift its tail at and spray its revolting stench onto.

try playing tennis in skunk fumes... not so fun... but quite an experience
i tried to start packing today. i put together 6 little boxes, and i filled up half (of one box), it's hard to do... can't quite figure it out.


so. tomorrow is the big day. my white gown hangs in the doorway like a phantom foreshadowing the events of tomorrow. actually, it's just hanging because i need to release the wrinkles. funny sidenote: in regards to getting the wrinkles out of the gown, my friend said, "it needs to be hung to release the wrinkles." what i heard, and was quite excited about: "it needs to be hugged to release the wrinkles." how awesome would it be if we could hug our clothes and the wrinkles would be gone... or forget face lifts... hug an old person, and the wrinkles are gone!!!


i say, we should make it so that technology works its way to a world where a hug can fix anything... feeling sick? forget antibiotics, you are now prescribed three hugs a day, one after every meal.


speaking of hugs, back to graduation.

hugs galore, be prepared.

how am i feeling? as of right now, (D) all of the above. pretty much every emotion in the book. the dominant one at this very second is excited. wait, it changed, now i am a bit sad. changed again... anxious and excited... well, i feel ready as well...

see what i mean... too much


time to exhale... the day is over.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stina,
I love the squirrel story...what if he did run off with your keys? Hmm..explain that to AAA!

I can't quite believe the big day is almost here...I just said goodnight to you...and I don't even want to count how many of those I have left...
love,
MoMMy

danielle said...

tell me. what motivates a person to throw their keys at a squirrel? you're funny!

graduation tomorrow. danielle, personally, thinks you should be feeling excited (currently) since she will be there to give you a hug! :)
so, tell me why i'm speaking in third person? i need sleep! finals fry my brain. :)

ooshela said...

too funny...so what is it about your keys that made the squirrel want to pee on them?!

re: graduation...so excited for you! i would imagine it's over by now and you are officially finished with high school!! hooray! i send a hug over the internet. :)