Friday, June 29

nebraska to iowa

we finally saw some tall corn!!! yay!

this bruise is actually from one of the first days of unicycling when i first learned, but for some reason it is just now showing it's true colors
and this ant is HUGE... for an ant, that is.
y'all ready for some jokes? they're going to be a bit corny (haha, there's the first one :)
nebraska and iowa are up to their ears in corn...
what did the corn say when i complimented it? "aw, shucks."
haha, that's what spending two days driving through corn does to you.
however, i must say that i actually really like Iowa... it's a lot more bumpy than nebraska. it has some more trees, and in general it's a bit less daunting than nebraska. and there was a huge outdoor world/bass pro shop (which was mentioned at bible study a couple weeks ago) but we didn't stop in.
so after 7 hours of driving, we made it from north platte, NE to Altoona, IA. this place we are staying in is like a castle... it's hilarious with all this medieval themed stuff around.


this is actually called the blue river... however the river doesn't really run... it's just still water covered in green.







and this is our hotel... no joke... in't that hilarious... we are greeted by a knight... oh, and their motto here.. "a good knight's sleep." hardy har har.
tootles


2 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh my goodness Stina. I didn't get to say goodbye. I've just been sitting here crying my eyes out because I miss you. And Jenny... I guess... :)
And I finally finished your graduation present. I might not get to hand it to you, but I can mail it with lots of love and a long love letter from yours truly.

Anonymous said...

When you get up to Washington let me know - we'll meet you at the nearest State park :-)