Wednesday, June 6

numb

"you're gonna feel a little pinch," and he starts to shake my lip as if to distract me... i sometimes wonder, "we've been through this a lot, do you really think i haven't noticed that there is going to be a little pinch???"
i made the big mistake of peeking and seeing a rather long and thick novocaine (sp?) needle headed towards my mouth, and sure enough there was the pinch. the pinch only lasted a moment and then the numbing began.
he left to let the numbing "soak in", and that is just what it did. the entire right side of my face was numb, including my eyelids, which is pretty much the craziest feeling in the world. and my right side of the nose was numb as could be. so i sat there for a few minutes, feeling my face and how crazy numbing feels... it never loses it's fun.
my dentist began to take a bit longer, and before i knew it, i was fast asleep in the dentist chair. about 15 minutes later, i awoke to the sound of a drill and a rather startling "wake up."
oh joy, i have been looking forward to this all day.
however it's over, for now, and i have one more appointment to go through next week. the numbing lasted for a few hours afterwards, and me and my friend had a fun time while i tried to make normal facial expressions with only one side of my face funtioning. my favorite was the flaring of the nostrils, because only the left one worked.

novocaine makes me sleepy (hence the nap at the awards ceremony tonight) and once it wears off, the achiness starts to settle in. but it's pretty much all good now.

interesting, numbing... tis an interesting metaphor, it is.

three more school days...

i promise to get the pictures up soon... there are some really fun ones!

blessings to your wednesdays.

No comments: