Saturday, June 23

you can't say "goodbye" on a blog...

whether i am here, or there, the blog doesn't move...
the distance between you and the blog does not change when the distance between you and me changes. so therefore, i will not say the words "good bye" in this post due to the fact that it makes absolutely no sense. however, this will be my last post from california. tomorrow is going to be super hectic, super fun, and super crazy, and super everything... it'll be a day of extremes.... crazy extremes. since it will be super crazy extreme, i know there will be no time for a post, nor should i stay up late to make time for a post since i will be needing my sleep.
so here it is... last post from california... wow.

i have been wearing pretty much the same outfit all week, due to the fact that my clothes have been packed.

i am addicted to unicycling. i have finally learned to get on the unicycle without chairs, however, if i plan on going the distance, a friends arm, another friends push, and the hoot of a fake owl suit me best for getting me in the right direction... i am so getting a unicycle when i get to michigan. my shins are SO bruised from the pedals from learning to jump on (and for finally having my first fall today... it was bound to happen sometime). i am kind of proud though, because someone will see the nasty bruise-bump, ask how it happened, and i will be able to honestly say, "unicycling." how cool?
plus, unicycling has united me with my neighbors... i have met the new ones (as you heard a few days back) and now pretty much all the surrounding homes have driven by and said something to me as i am practicing unicycline... "you're going further, wow" is my favorite (and the most common).

it's really crazy if you think about it...well, at least when i think about it... i had some friends over tonight, after they left, it just kind of hit me. you know, i am super excited, but it's hard to be really really excited when you've still got that twinge (is that a word?) of sadness... but again, it's hard to be sad when the time you've been waiting for for so long is finally here, and it's exciting.

i look forward to having y'all along on this journey... one thing i know for sure is that there is going to be SO much to blog about!

next time you read a new post, i should be in utah... again, crazy.
anywho

"Benediction"
My friends may you grow in grace
and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior
my friends may you grow in grace
and in the power of Jesus Christ

To God be the glory
now and forever
now and forever
Amen

Hoo Roo

6 comments:

danielle said...

awww benediction song! brings back good times of thursday mornings.

oh my gosh! can you believe that tomorrow is the last time i will probably see you for like 6 months! wow! crazy!
what would we do without blogs!?!?

glad you're having fun with the unicycle thing! :)

rebekah said...

It is NOT your last post from California!!! You WILL be coming back, if only just to visit!!!!! Do you understand????

Why am I freaking out so bad? I'm going WITH you...

shizdog said...

This is crazy... Two months and I'll be out of here too.
:(

I don't even know how I feel about it. dkjf;alkjdfn.

Have a great trip, sugarloaf. I will be seeing you in August.
:)

ShaunTia said...

How will we survive at bible study without your class notes? Ahh! You certainly are one of a kind, Cristina!

Unicycle Tip #1: I've heard that it's a lot easier if you begin by leaning yourself up against a wall....brought to you by my good ol' 6th grade PE teacher.

Have fun getting to MI and post a lot of pictures!!

ShaunTia said...

How will we survive at bible study without your class notes? Ahh! You certainly are one of a kind, Cristina!

Unicycle Tip #1: I've heard that it's a lot easier if you begin by leaning yourself up against a wall....brought to you by my good ol' 6th grade PE teacher.

Have fun getting to MI and post a lot of pictures!!

Anonymous said...

You'll have a lot of fun in the months to come! Just please remain safe and never forget about your friends here in California =)