Friday, July 6

at the post office on 8th street...

there is a red windmill in front of the building. on the windmill is some graffitti that says: "police=corrupt."

it made me smile.

i went to 85th district court, also on 8th street because i was not going to pay a penny over $85 by buying a stamp. i went to pay my ticket, and it turns out i am a little too anxious, and my ticket wasn't in the system yet. anyway, on my way out, guess who i saw holding his pants up and with his big sunglasses on top of his head... yes sir, none other than the jerk face himself. okay, i have finally begun to feel guilty for calling someone jerk face so many times... i think i should stop. anyway, he was there, and i tried to avoid him as much as possible... in fact, i walked on the otherside of the lobby, because i didn't want to get a ticket for walking by a police officer while he's pulled over... i must go to the furthest part of the room possible.

i spent the day all over the place today... grand haven (including hanging out at the beach a bit), holland, saugatuk... and the fun part, is that i am finding my way around... i can pretty much navigate the triangle (grand rapids, grand haven, and holland) with no use of maps. it helps when you feel like you know where you're going.

also today... andy roddick lost in a 5-setter after winning the first two sets. andy has gone from crying in the mud at the french to crying in the grass in england. disappointed, andy.

thank you to beth for finding the actual definition of the law... and thank you ryan for pointing out that it is michigander and not michiganian... i think i can remember that one :)

few more days till orientation... so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cristina, it's Lisa. I'm at Grandpa's reading thru your last 3 blogs & my gosh, you've been having quite an experience! You were awesome with the cop... there's nothing you can do when a cop is on a power trip & wants to be a jerk. Also, one comment on your blog said that she thought you sounded lonely the day you spent on your own... in your room, getting coffee, being at the lake. I actually thought the opposite & had a smile on my face when I read that knowing that you are enjoying the beauty of yourself and your surroundings. I enjoy the same things & the joy and peace you're experiencing is awesome!! Love you tons!!

rebekah said...

Awwww, what a jerk face!!! I got mad at him just reading your post... pobre Stina! :(

I miss you, but will see you soon!! Say hi to my roommate for me!