Monday, July 9

much nicer

kinda crazy how fast things can change. as you could probably tell from yesterdays post... whoa, actually that was today... or was it... i'm not gonna check, whatever... anyway
it was a blah day yesterday... more than blah, actually, but, we'll leave it at that.
today wasn't as bad (especially after waking up and seeing a normal arm and a normal ankle), but it was definitely blah (except for the guitar hero... always makes me smile). i still hadn't quite made my way to talking to people... i am considering going to meijer and buying a handball, and then asking people to play.
or even frisbee... i've thought about getting some people to go play frisbee on the commons lawn, but... i realized, usually you go up to some people and say, "we're going to go play frisbee... you wanna join?" however, saying, "i'm going to go play frisbee, you wanna join?" is a bit different. you can't play frisbee by yourself people. so if they say no thanks, you're not actually going to go play some frisbee.... so you lied...
and eating time is totally the worst, especially when you find yourself looking for an empty table because you know that there is no one to look for because you dont know anyone.
good thing i am a fast eater.
i know, i am venting a bit, but wait, here's the good happy feel-good part.
anyway, when we got into our small groups tonight, i was really excited because this would be the first time i see what the wilderness orientation group would be like. small group, 10 people (6 guys, 4 gals). cool staff, and the head guy... i don't know what is up with all these people who resemble other people, but the leader guy looks exactly like the man vs wild guy, minus the british accent.
hilarious.
anyway, hearing about the trip, getting our backpacks so we could pack tonight, and meeting this group was so much fun. totally turned my mood right around and got me so excited. even a new interest in another major came up after hearing what some of the leaders said... which threw me off because i have to meet with my adviser tomorrow about major, so we'll see how that goes.
and on another encouraging note: i talked to the guys tennis coach, and he was telling me where we'd be playing and who i could find to play with... but here is what was really neat to here. he said that two of the top gal tennis players in the midwest are coming on the team this year (freshmen) and then one of the returning girls from last year is really good, and he said that everyone was excited about me being on the team as well (mainly because they are very curious to see how i play, and also because i come from the country CA), so he basically said our team is going to be very very strong this year! he expects us to go far. very neat.

so yes... good mood now... except its ridiculously hot in the basement of the dorm... i am actually sweating from sitting here and typing... a tad bit gross.

well, this will be the last post for sure now, seeing how i leave tomorrow afternoon.
talk to yall soon.

blessings

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stina,

you will be in my prayers and thoughts 24/7...take lots of pics and blog on paper :-)

I love you and I am sooooo very proud of you!

Hugs,

MoMMy

p.s. thanks for the package!
(You'll have one waiting for you in Holland when you return!)

danielle said...

awww, cristina. it must be hard, but you will make friends. i mean, you're a nice person for the most part. totally kidding...you're sweet all the time! :)

i almost called you tonight, but it was already 7:45 CA time so i thought i better not. you will probably be busy tomorrow, but i'll definitely have to talk to you when you get back! have fun!
:)

shizdog said...

Stina, I MISS YOU! And if I don't talk to you when you get back on the 22nd, I won't talk to you til August 7.

Sad times!
:(

You're in my prayers!

Copeland Five said...

stina...finally had some time to catch up on your blog...our internet stayed up long enough! man...you have had a good summer and now life is changing...stick with it...change is good cuz it pushes you to go beyond yourself...God is teaching me so much about grace and why am i doing what i am doing...for no other reason than to glorify Him...may you just step out and be radiant for Him...as you always are! stand tall stina! we love you! and so will michigan!

ShaunTia said...

It's a hard spot to be in but at least one thing you can be sure of is that things can only go up from here...once you start going to classes at school you will have more opportunities to talk one on one with people, share notes, throw notes, and who knows, maybe someone will come up to you and ask you if you will play frisbee with them...and only them.

P.S. Shaun and I loved the postcard!

Jillian said...

Stina!!!!! I miss you! We all miss you really.
I feel sad thinking that you don't have anyone to talk to. Just pick someone out of the people who looks nice but a little weird (like us!) and go up and say hi. That's what I did at valley, and I met you guys!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

If your team-leader looks like the guy from man v. wild, I think you're in good shape. Starting out fresh is tough, but you're already meeting people...just make sure you remember their names :-)

Anonymous said...

You'll definitely get to meeting new people as time goes on. Someone like you can't NOT make friends.

Anonymous said...

Golden Spoon for Stina???

There are NO Golden Spoons in Michgan....So, I am saving my Golden Spoon stamp cards (buy 8 and get 1 free) to give to Stina when she comes home on Christmas break...

If you are a frequent Golden Spoon user and want to join in, it would be awesome. I wonder how many "freebies" we can collect???

Are you game???

Stina's Mom :-)

Piperxmeow said...

I MISS YOU!

lots. :(

but you're having so much fun! and surely making awesome friends.

and i'm sorry i missed your calls. was that on the hospital day? ugh, i'm such a bad friend. i'll make up for it!

shizdog said...

I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you.


The end.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just be bolder than all the other people there and you will have nothing to worry about. Then again you really never have anything to worry about. Jesus never said "I wonder what these people will think of me if I sit by them or talk to them or even socialize with them by throwing a circular plastic object back and forth.

Jillian said...

Stina!
Love you! Miss you!!
I think that pretty much covers it.