Sunday, January 28

+45 -6

so my calculus teacher just posted our exam grades and our class grades online.
i'm not going to lie, but the numbers i saw were fairly ugly... actually, VERY ugly. consequently, my GPA wasn't so pretty either. can you tell that i'm slightly obsessive with grades?
anyway, i think i have finally come up with a new mentality with all this... and surprise surprise, i have found a way to weave tennis in to my solution.
no, i am not going to practice calculating derivatives and acceleration by calculating the slope of each forehand i hit at any given point in time... that would make me a freak :) i've taken more of an analogy approach.
i see myself in calculus as being down 1-5 in a set, and love-40 on my serve in relation to how far behind i am in understanding and knowing how to complete problems (correctly). before this year, being down 1-5 meant the set was over. however, due to one of my most memorable matches from this past tennis season where i indeed was down 1-5, i have learned from experience that the match is not over at that point. long story short (cause i think i've posted this story before) i took it to a tie breaker (and faced multiple set points while getting to that point) and eventually took the set.
so, now back to calculus. i'm down 1-5, but you know what? i am going to make the most killer comeback ever! so, if y'all here me complaining about how hard calculus is, remind me of the score, and remind me that i made the decision to comeback (because belive me, i'm not going to want to remember that i made this decision :)
by the way, those numbers in the title?
the first is the percentage of correct points on my exam, and the second is the percentage my grade dropped.
there's a first for everything :/

i have a calculus essay to write, so i best be on my way.

ciao

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Ouch.
But you can make the most killer comeback ever in the history of Calculus!!!! In the history of the WORLD!!!