Thursday, January 4

another day here and gone

well, my third and final attempt, and i finally get to watch some editing of a movie production that my uncle is a part of (he's acting in/co-producing it). anyway, this place had three editing suites, and the main one was gorgeous. i was just about drooling when i saw this editing set-up. it was a ton of fun to watch this guy edit for a few reasons. well first of all, all they were doing today was having all the actors come in to work on ADRs, which is basically voice-overs where the camera didn't pick up the audio well when they first filmed the scenes. so it was mainly audio stuff today. this may sound bad or something, but this was really exciting for me... when i watched this guy, i knew exactly all that he was doing. in fact, i would look at what he was doing, see what he was trying to do, and then cover my mouth to make sure i didn't say anything because i was there as a body, a pure observer. after 5 minutes with my hand on my mouth, he would finally do what i had in my mind to do. this happened a few times, and i dunno, it just made me feel good... i dunno.
so that was quite an experience.
after i got home (about 30 minutes ago because i hung out with my cousins and my aunt and uncle for dinner) i saw that i got a card in the mail (which is rare for me). anyway, it was my room mate from tennis in hawaii who lives in wisconsin!!! i was so stoked! we've been keeping in contact through email, but then i accidentally erased my addresses back when i changed compys, and so i couldn't email her anymore. but alas, a card came and she wrote her email address. it was so good to hear from her. keeping in touch is fun... it's hard, but it's fun.
funny thing: the card was a christmas card, and this morning i found a little christmas surprise waiting for me on the porch, so i started and ended the day with a little bit of christmas, after christmas...
psh, and people say the holiday season is over!

my new year's resolution: listen more... to everyone and everything...
you'd be surprised what you can learn when you just open up your ears...
so, if you've got a story to tell or something to say, i want to listen :)

No comments: