Tuesday, January 23

"um, excuse me, would you mind not doing that?"

i pulled out my earphones, "huh?"

"could you stop snapping please?"

I was running on the treadmill and had been snapping along to my song, and the guy next to me, who happened to be one of the few without those white wires dangling (go to gym post for explanation), so he could hear my snapping loud and clear.

i smiled and quickly stopped, and then i thought, well, you know you're having a good day when you find yourself snapping while you're running on the treadmill. and you know what? it has been a rather pleasant day.

"how do you know you've had a good day?"

that was actually one of the questions that was asked during my first interview, and it was a fun one to think about. my original answer went a little like this: i know i've had a good day when i am about to go to sleep, and when i reflect on the happenings of the day, i smile. a good day, for me, is one where i got stuff done and i know it wasn't wasted. i know it's been a good day if 1) i'm tired from a full day of fun stuff or 2) i am rested from a day of catching up

today, for example, was a mix of both... although i did a bunch of stuff, a lot of it allowed me to catch up mentally. for those of you with a short attention span, hang in there because there will be some pictures soon, i promise... and then more words after that :)

after my two exams today (piece o choco cake), i went out to lunch and golden spoon with some pals of mine. good stuff, fun times. I got home, and the weather was just beautiful, and i wanted to do something outside. both of my rackets are being strung, so i couldn't go play tennis. well, i had gotten a letter from calvin the other day saying, again welcome to calvin, but this time, they enclosed a "calvin college" decal for my car. i read the instructions:

"clean area before applying." i went outside and looked at my car, and i quickly came to the conclusion that i was going to need to clean more than just the decal area. so i pulled out the hose, grabbed a bucket and decided to wash my car!

washing my car is something i LOVE to do... here's why...

for me, taking an hour or two to hang out and wash my car is kind of theraputic... hear me out... i put on my headphones (lately it's been Brandon Heath on my playlist, who i HIGHLY recommend... go get his album, you'll love it, good acoustic :) anyway, i put on my headphones, and as i'm scrubbing the car down and cleaning it up, i get time to sort through some thoughts, think on life, on God, on anything i want. so i may sing out loud a little, and the neighbors may not appreciate that, but it's fun. i busted out the camera and took some sweet pictures, and i just had a fantastic time washing my car... totally put me in a good mood... and i will get to what i thought about today in a sec, but i promised some pics...



good pics?? i like the zenny soap... it's fun :) i recommend clicking on the tire one so you can see the cool water drops :)

okay, so i got on thinking on something, and that continued on as i finished up cleaning the inside of the car and took off for the gym to go for a run. same thing goes for when i run: head phones on, zone out, start thinking. then that's when i started to snap to the beat of Heath and then mr.anti-snap asked me to stop... okay, so you're caught up.

here's what i've been thinking about today, and this one is for my friends... it's a bit sappy, so bear with me :)

i have just been having a blast lately with all my friends... as i was washing my car, i started thinking about each of my friends, and i thought to myself, wow, i am so blessed to be surrounded by all these people. i have so much support, so much fun, and so many blessings coming from these people... (not that i don't get that from my family, don't worry fam, i didn't forget you guys... i'm just talking about my friends right now :)

so, after thinking about this stuff all day, i just wanted to tell you, my dear dear friends, how much y'all mean to me :) i think today was the first day i realized there is something that could be sad about going off to college... i won't have all of you with me all the time.

so, expect to hear it personally from me sometime this week, but for right now i'll just do a shout out: i love you guys! haha, i'm getting all mushy and sappy :) it's kind of fun

then after thinking all this, to put a big grin back on my face, i put on my very first decal on my car, and it is only fitting that it is indeed the calvin college decal :)

3 comments:

Piperxmeow said...

aww, what a feel good post.

loved your tennis joke, ps.

Piperxmeow said...

your friends love you too!

(of course) that includes me. i love you, friend!!!!

danielle said...

looks like were both in reflecting type of moods. i know you'll have fun at collage even if you do miss your friends. :) you reminded me that i never told you that i did check out Brandon Heath, and i do really like his stuff. thanks for the recomendation. and it's fun to get all mushy once in a while.
love ya! :)
sorry this comment is kinda all over the place. :)