Wednesday, January 17

the white flag is up

you won't hear me say this very often, but i think i have finally given up.
as i waited for a half hour at the starbucks in the pavillions, sitting and waiting for mark the manager who does the hiring, and while my head was pounding and my fever rising, i told myself that this better be it.
but of course, no. finally he makes his way to me, and the first question was the one that seems to end all my chances of getting a job: "what times are you available?"
contrary to what the lady who encouraged me to apply told me, they are in absolutely no need of workers at that time... they only need workers during the hours i am at school.
so the "interview" lasted 5 minutes, and i walked out to my car.
so, the white flag is up, i am surrendering.
unless this "it's a grind" finally completes its construction and they possibly give me a call, i don't think i am going to waste time getting a job anymore... i mean, i haven't even gotten any calls... the only way i got this "interview" today was by practically hunting this guy down.
okay, my 30 min awake period is over, my body is about to fall asleep.

ta ta

1 comment:

danielle said...

poor cristina. :(
sounds like your not having a very fun week at all. sorry about the job thing, but look at the bright side now you'll have more time to hang out with me! ha ha just kidding. i'm not sure that counts as a "bright side". get better soon! i'm missing my photograpy buddy! :)