Friday, January 19

i lied AND gave in to peer pressure

here are my reasons:
1. they were looking kind of sad with no one going and checking it out
2. even though i quickly dismissed the first few suggestions, after about 17 other ones, i couldn't hold up under the pressure
3. i was desperate
4. i need affirmation

so what exactly does this all pertain to?
well, everybody has been hearing me and my unsuccesful bouts in the career world, and they've heard of my surrender. today, chick-fil-a was on camus at lunch looking for people to work at their new resturaunt that's opening up where the old krispy kreme was. so, at first a few of my friends were like, hey, there ya go, apply there (whether they were serious or not, i am not sure...) but then ALL my friends started to persuade me to apply... ALL of them plus more. so i gave in, and i went to apply (along with another friend of mine). i filled out the application and handed it to the guy, who introduced himself and the rest of the people standing there (about 4 others) and asked me to come in monday after school for an interview (my first official job interview... and i think i will get past the "i'm available after school" part of it).
it was funny because the manager introduced me to the store owner and said "this will be the guy who will be deciding whether you work here or not," i almost thought about saying something clever and delightful like "oh, so you're the one i should be bribing," but i decided against it.
so, later in the day, i was kind of regretting it because i had this feeling that it's a grind was going to open up and finally call me, but then i drove by after school and found that they've made almost NO progress. then i was like, ok, i guess this is good. plus it's just after school job for a few hours, so it can't be too bad :)
we'll see

i'm off

more later

No comments: